Board logo

Supplier for Belzona 1111
r1_pete - 7/4/08 at 11:38 AM

Anyone know a supplier of Belzona products, lots of talk of the products on a google search, but no suppliers...
Cheers.
Pete.

viatron - 7/4/08 at 11:44 AM

most likely marine repair centres, i know a stockist in Dubai buts thats probably not much good!
Why not just call them and ask for the name of a local stockist?
01423 567641

liam.mccaffrey - 7/4/08 at 11:44 AM

we use all sorts of belzona products at work, brilliant stuff. We get it direct from Belzona though so no help really, sorry

PeterW - 7/4/08 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Anyone know a supplier of Belzona products, lots of talk of the products on a google search, but no suppliers...
Cheers.
Pete.

Sheffield Insulation used to stock their stuff

Cheers

Pete

gazza285 - 7/4/08 at 03:09 PM

An example of health and safety at work.

When I was repairing a pipe hanger that held the 15" gas main that supplied the Sinter plant at Scunthorpe steel works I noticed the pipe had actually rusted through underneath the hanger. As turning off the gas would close the sinter plant and so close the blast furnaces and steel making plant a quick fix was needed. An old broom handle was whittled into a point and hammered into the damaged section of pipe, cut off just above the pipe and the whole thing smothered in Belzona. Still like that 20 months later.

clanger - 7/4/08 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
An example of health and safety at work.

When I was repairing a pipe hanger that held the 15" gas main that supplied the Sinter plant at Scunthorpe steel works I noticed the pipe had actually rusted through underneath the hanger. As turning off the gas would close the sinter plant and so close the blast furnaces and steel making plant a quick fix was needed. An old broom handle was whittled into a point and hammered into the damaged section of pipe, cut off just above the pipe and the whole thing smothered in Belzona. Still like that 20 months later.

And I thought it was just us in Port Talbot steelworks that did that sort of thing
Good ole Belzona !

gazza285 - 8/4/08 at 04:30 AM

We had run out of Denso.