Board logo

Zetec SE
smuty - 28/10/06 at 10:53 AM

Has anyone on here fitted one in to locost?(1700 Puma)Iwas wondering if its worth going to the expense of a dry sump system, the standard sump seems shallow enough and has wings. oh forgot to mention we'r going to hillcimb / sprint the car

takumi - 28/10/06 at 11:32 AM

I am planning on putting my zetec-s engine in.. still very early stages at the moment. But the engine is turbocharged and using throttle body injection (34mm). and will be on MSnSE management.

I have a spare sump if it turns out it needs to be hugely shortened..

tak

ned - 28/10/06 at 01:39 PM

takumi, zetec-s is totally different to zetec se.

i know seadog is using one in his mk. shawspeed are big on it and quantum and westfield also produce bellhousings.

Ned.

smuty - 28/10/06 at 03:05 PM

Iv,e got a bellhousing just did'nt want to go to the expense of dry sump if it wasn't needed

takumi - 28/10/06 at 05:41 PM

-NED
The Zetec-S and SE are essentially the same engine, the SE is the revised version known as the phase2.

The differences are the SE has a plastic cam cover, the inlet valves angle is different, and the bigend float is greater, as they were prone to cooking bearings on the phase1 due to inadequte oil washout..

They both share the same bell housing bolt pattern, which is unfortunately not std ford..

I have both versions, and I can assure you, they are very much the same.!

[Edited on 28/10/06 by takumi]

ned - 28/10/06 at 06:15 PM

fair enough then, that's me told then

so it's the same ally block but the crank isn't interchangable then due to the endfloat?

if the inlet valve angle is different then presumably the head is not interchangable either (are the pistons recessed with valve cutouts, if so are these affected too)? Does the later head flow better with the revised valve angles?

cheers,

Ned.

[Edited on 28/10/06 by ned]