Board logo

Brexit
belgian2b - 15/1/21 at 02:00 PM

Hello,

don't know your fellings, but i have enough of the Brexit !!

Only 2 weeks and so many problems yet.

I tried to order parts for my Discovery 2 in UK, and it took me more then 1 week only to place the order.
Let's see when the parts will be delivered and the cost of customs etc...

I also tried to order some Ford parts for the Westfield and finally placed my order in France.

On a business point of view, i have 2 Ford Transit stopped because Ford parts are stuck on a truck trying to cross the Channel.
All of my provider who had their logistics facilities in UK have massive delivery delays ...

Every day is another problem.

Was it really worth it ?

Gerardo

Bluemoon - 15/1/21 at 02:17 PM

Don't get me started --- the long term it will be a slow economic puncture and short term it's going to be difficult as above..

If someone can tell me a good thing about it (facts) let me know.

Dan

[Edited on 15/1/21 by Bluemoon]

steve m - 15/1/21 at 02:40 PM

I could be wrong, but Brexit isnt the only thing that is going on at the moment and will have its issues
Covid, seems to of buggered up an awful of of stuff, as we got a xmas card from New york today sent on the 5th Dec 2020

Just saying

steve

Johnmor - 15/1/21 at 04:16 PM

I'm afraid Brexit was a idea sold to the people with a web of lies by a Tory party running scared from UKIP and the ERG,
They thought they would steal the popularity of UKIP with referendum and never expected the answer would be "leave", we have wasted 4 years on a deal which in every way is worse than what we had previously with a ludicrous reference to "sovereignty " in a global market that is so interconnected that sovereignty is only relevant in history books.
Almost 2 generations have grown up in Europe and have no conception of what it means to be "outside" . That realisation will commence over the next year or so and a sudden recognition of the "the grass is always greener" will hit home.
Great example is the Scottish fishing fleet, probably the only Scottish industry to be pro Brexit and are now reeling in the reality of the deal, they have discovered the hard way they the promises of Gove , Rees-Mog and their ilk have vanished like spring snow and they are left to flounder (no pun intended)

I'll give it 5 years and we'll asked to vote a second time , another "once in a lifetime referendum"

Anyway, rent over, onward and upward!!

BenB - 15/1/21 at 04:38 PM

I always said the Scottish Fishing fleet are very shellfish.

Bluemoon - 15/1/21 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB

must be friday

02GF74 - 15/1/21 at 05:12 PM

Maybe so but its heart is in the right plaice.

snapper - 15/1/21 at 07:08 PM

quote:

There has to be lot of Sole searching now and make sure all the right systems are in Place

David Jenkins - 15/1/21 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
quote:

There has to be lot of Sole searching now and make sure all the right systems are in Place

You lot are giving me a head-Hake...

perksy - 15/1/21 at 10:26 PM

There's a time and a Plaice for this

It all sounds a bit Fishy...

[Edited on 15/1/21 by perksy]

BenB - 15/1/21 at 10:37 PM

For the love of Cod can we stop with the fish jokes? I can't believe what I'm herring. We should stop Carping on and get back car talk and those new fangled Turbot-chargers Apparantly they don't run unless you take them to an ECU tuna.

JonBowden - 15/1/21 at 10:49 PM

I ordered something from Germany last week, it got here in three days, thought that was quite good.

02GF74 - 16/1/21 at 04:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JonBowden
I ordered something from Germany last week, it got here in three days, thought that was quite good.

What you are saying is you perchased something from Germany for a few squid and it cod delivered to the UK in 3 dace?

JonBowden - 16/1/21 at 02:15 PM

sort of but I think that there may be something fishy here.

swanny - 16/1/21 at 07:29 PM

I think we should Finnish this thread right here, Brexit is a load of Pollocks

swanny - 16/1/21 at 07:30 PM

TBH I've been very concerned by Brexit developments this week: how are we going to get sausage, bacon and black pudding over to France for le mans fry ups now?

rusty nuts - 16/1/21 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by swanny
TBH I've been very concerned by Brexit developments this week: how are we going to get sausage, bacon and black pudding over to France for le mans fry ups now?

Smuggle them!

swanny - 16/1/21 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by swanny

Smuggle them!

that's the current plan. van full of stuff. cool box somewhere in the middle of it all!