Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which sealed connectors ?
mcerd1

posted on 7/1/22 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Which sealed connectors ?

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to start wiring this car (and I hate wiring )

there are a few places I could do with splitting off part of the loom for ease of fitting/maintenance and inevitably a few components needing connectors too

Obviously I'd like to stick to a single system (where possible) and needless to say its got to be 100% reliable - so before I rush out an buy into a system and a proper matching ratchet crimp tool, what are your thoughts on which type: Super seal, Econoseal, JPT, Deutsch or something else ?

(the Deutsch crimp tools I've found so far don't seem a cheap option )

-

roadrunner

posted on 7/1/22 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I purchased this set from Ebay as I needed to sort mine out. The back of the dash is a Hornets nest of wires.

Linky

jacko

posted on 7/1/22 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
I purchased this set from Ebay as I needed to sort mine out. The back of the dash is a Hornets nest of wires.

Linky

There the same type as we use at work very good
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 8/1/22 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Whichever type you go for using the proper crimping tools makes a big difference. Usually ratchet type tools rather than plier type tools.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 10/1/22 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner

Linky

Another vote for these - used when I installed the entire auxiliary loom in my Defender for all the bolt-on goodies! 5 years on, and still got no issues. As others have said, use the proper ratchet crimpers for the pins though (it's not the same as ones used for butt-crimps).

I've also used Deutsche connectors before, but as you found out, they're not cheap. I only used them as some items came with a pre-wired & molded plugs attached.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.