Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT, Cd's sticking in player
John G

posted on 12/6/22 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
OT, Cd's sticking in player

I have a Bosch radio / cd player in my van. The cd's are increasingly difficult to eject, any clues in a fix. The player is out of the van at the moment.
Any ideas on a fix?

David Jenkins

posted on 12/6/22 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
There will probably be some mechanism that carries the CD in and out - if you can access it, take a look to see if the pivots, slides and other gubbins is covered in crud. If so, try and get it out with q-tips, cocktail sticks, etc. (but be very careful!).

If you do get muck out, put on the tiniest bit of lubricant, using a cocktail stick or similar. You want the merest trace of lube on the contact surfaces.

But, TBH, your chances of success are slim...

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/6/22 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Buy a Bluetooth one of gumtree, still using CDs in 2022...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
John G

posted on 12/6/22 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
cd

The advantage of my original is that the reversing sensors go through the radio, very useful in a van!
nick205

posted on 12/6/22 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
There will probably be some mechanism that carries the CD in and out - if you can access it, take a look to see if the pivots, slides and other gubbins is covered in crud. If so, try and get it out with q-tips, cocktail sticks, etc. (but be very careful!).

If you do get muck out, put on the tiniest bit of lubricant, using a cocktail stick or similar. You want the merest trace of lube on the contact surfaces.

But, TBH, your chances of success are slim...

Spot on, if you can get the thing open it'll be a mechanism clogged with crud. Clean very carefully and delicately lube. Hard to do, but best chance of restoring function.

Failing that it's a replacement called for. Like most things getting the rights make, model, year etc may be difficult.

Best of luck.

cliftyhanger

posted on 13/6/22 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Get one of these thingies, dump the cd's
https://cdn.media.halfords.com/i/washford/756621?w=1480&h=1110&qlt=default&fmt=auto&v=1

[Edited on 13/6/22 by cliftyhanger]

nick205

posted on 13/6/22 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Get one of these thingies, dump the cd's
https://cdn.media.halfords.com/i/washford/756621?w=1480&h=1110&qlt=default&fmt=auto&v=1

[Edited on 13/6/22 by cliftyhanger]

It's true there's something to be said for connecting your mobile to the vehicle via Bluetooth. Allows streaming of music from the phone, ideal from Spotify and the like. Also handy for hands-free calls too - could be useful in a work van.

Do the reversing sensors still work even though the CDs are troublesome ejecting?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.