Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HAVE YOU HAD THIS BL**DY FLU THINGY?
chris_smith

posted on 20/12/08 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
my 4 kids have had it and the wife missed work last night its really hit her bad she never quits for anything so it must be bad, me on the other hand am fine, i put it down to long cold days in the garage making my body hard as nails, lol ok ill prob end up with it on crimbo day knowing my luck

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

mr henderson

posted on 20/12/08 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
You'll know if it's flu because

1) you'll think you're dying
2) it'll last 10 days to 14 days (and longer before you're completely back to normal).
3) there's no way you'll be getting out of bed- you're laid up.

What most people call "flu" is just a bad cold.
Which is why flu jabs do jack shite against your usual winter infections.

Trouble is, the people who need flu jabs (ie where flu could kill them) think it'll just stop a cold and "what's so bad about that" whereas everyone else thinks it'll stop their colds. Oh well!!!

Ben makes a good point, flu jabs are only any good against flu, and even then not 100% certain

Never-the-less, if you don't want to get flu then get down to your own NHS surgery and offer to pay for the jab, and they will be only to happy to give you one.

John

piddy

posted on 20/12/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've got it. Started last Saturday and was bad for a few days.(Three days off work) Not to bad now. Started with the Mother in law, me youngest son, wife. Also loads off work at the moment. Normally if I'm off work sick I get the third degree, but this time it was "loads of you have had it".
I would call it a bad cold not flu. I had flu last Christmas,Now that was really bad.

quinnj3

posted on 20/12/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mine started with a mild sore throat last saturday. It gradually got worse until Tuesday night and then stayed bad until thursday evening. I was working in London on Monday and Tuesday, didn't get back in N.Ireland until Wednesday morning where i was expected to go to work but I felt like S***e so went home and spent the whole day in bed. Same with Thursday. I felt a bit better yesterday. This morning I wasn't good but I'm coming round now. I have a bit of a stuffed up head and a cough but at least my energy is back. It feels much more like a bad cold now. I won't take any antibiotics as I don't think i've left it long enough. I try not to take meds unless i really need them. Only downside is it takes a good while longer to get rid of it. I'm just glad I got it before Christmas.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.