Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problem with neigbours
iank

posted on 5/6/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
We got a bit of string yesterday and showed him where the line should be (middle of the garages to middle of the bottom of the drive) but he doesnt think it is right.
They are just awkward b**ggers who think they are miles above everyone else

Just tell him tough and demand he provides evidence thay he hasn't moved the boundary without permission. If he can't then insist he moves his driveway back onto his side and makes yours good - put it into writing and if you're feeling flush get a solicitor to write it for you.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Peteff

posted on 5/6/09 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look on garden law boundaries forum, they have some good advice on there. Check your house insurance for cover against legal fees for such occasions as you may be able to claim any costs incurred.

[Edited on 5/6/09 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chris_harris_

posted on 5/6/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ithink all of this advise is excellent for you, whaty i would add is that if he is as awkward as you suggest then be careful as he may just go ahead one day. If he does, then immediately instruct a solicitor and the local planning department who should halt all work until a resolution is found.
Good luck, and keep us posted.

I hate neighbour disputes, but think i am about to get into one myself, over niose though!!

Regards Chris

Canada EH!

posted on 5/6/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
My mother had to sell a vacant lot to the neighbour after he put half his driveway on our land. This piece of property was not used by us and by the time we discovered the situation five years had passed and he claimed the encrotched portion as his legally. The lot was then too narrow for a building permit.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.