<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento Stuff
jollygreengiant

posted on 30/6/09 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
Thanks folks, priceless stuff this.

Where is the best place to buy a custom drivebelt from, it's one of those three ridge jobs. I have searched the forum but haven't found anything mentioned about drivebelts?

Cheers
Colin

Halfords would probably be your best bet, or a good Motor Factors (see previous post about getting friendly with local motor factors). Wind a piece of string (tightly and only once) around all the pulleys that the belt needs to go around, and trim it so that the ends just touch. This length of string will be the length of the belt that you will need and you measure the string in MM. Jot that length down on a piece of paper and leave 3 spaces at the begining. At the begining write 3PK (3 = number of ribs, PK = rib belt). You should now have a number vaguely resembling either
3PK792
OR
3PK1142

The above number will be the part number of the belt that you require. If one is not availble the go to the next nearest size up that IS available.

Hope this helps.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

GrumpyOne

posted on 30/6/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks JGG

Absolutly amazing, is there no question that stumps Locost builders

Thanks
Colin

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

GrumpyOne

posted on 30/6/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote

Last resort is to hire an engine crane.
Only downside is the car is so low, you cant always get the crane legs under the car!

It just needs some thinking about.

Thanks for this,
I have an engine hoist, the problem with the Scorpio is the engine comes out from underneath and to drop it out of the engine bay you have to take the subframe out including the steering rack etc which means you can't move the car. I was going to build a trolley to take the engine when I lowered it but there wasn't enough room to get it in and I couldn't get the car any higher.
Lesson learned though, never use a Scorpio as a donor again or get my wife to do the dragging

Cheers
Colin

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.