Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Advice Please
T66

posted on 17/9/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
thanks gergely,

I have felt a bit cheesed off about the whole project since I discovered my £9000 is a bit tight. I can go more, just means I have to hide my spending beyond £9000 from the better half.... ahem.

I have noted all thats been said, and follow the various threads on this forum anyway. Research means far less heartache & wasted spending...

I am more swayed toward MNR now than when I first posted the thread.

thanks

mnrsportscars

posted on 17/9/09 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
I am surprised and disappointed by the comments from Grub-as far as we are aware we have never supplied, or spoken to him.
MNR prides itself on customer service and a quality product.
The uprights we supply ,are an uprated version of the original Raceleda units-we heard of some previous Raceleda breakages, and therefore actively improved their strength and manufacturing process.
These enhanced MNR units are being used on many race and road cars-we have had no reports of any failures-there have been two instances of breakage since, both where after effects of heavy frontal impacts that that resulted in the upright snapping due to balljoint lockout after the wishbones have initially bent on impact. these cases both showed a clean break of the upright and rodend damage consistent with over articulation of the suspension. Clearly, they are not designed to withstand such force.

Anyone with any concerns -please contact us, and we would be happy to discuss any issues.

Best Regards

The MNR Team

T66

posted on 17/9/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
MNR keep their eye opn the ball, well done !
disco_biscuit

posted on 17/9/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Why not buy one ready built saves alot of hassle and get the previous owner to loose a shed load of money not yourself
T66

posted on 17/9/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by disco_biscuit
Why not buy one ready built saves alot of hassle and get the previous owner to loose a shed load of money not yourself

I did want to build one, but it is an option.

buy one within budget and improve it.

I suppose at least doing it that way I will see whether I actually want to drive one...

bassett

posted on 17/9/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
You will want to drive one, trust me
There is nothing quite like building your own car i highly recommend the frustration, late nights and cocks ups for the few and far between glorious moments you realise what you have achieved plus you never know the possible bodges a previous owner may have done just to get a car on the road.

Wells

posted on 17/9/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Buy mine !
G.Man

posted on 17/9/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a nice car for the money

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

disco_biscuit

posted on 18/9/09 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
You will want to drive one, trust me
There is nothing quite like building your own car i highly recommend the frustration, late nights and cocks ups for the few and far between glorious moments you realise what you have achieved plus you never know the possible bodges a previous owner may have done just to get a car on the road.

Or buy a factory built one like i did

Wells

posted on 18/9/09 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Mine was factory built! It was used for there shows.
grub

posted on 18/9/09 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
also the car in question was a factory built car with the defective uprights factory fitted which one would have thought after so many breakages and common knollage to most people that want to hear it why havent all the cars been recalled for the asaid fault and fitted with the upgraded part before the worst could happen with such a major component liable to fail,just a thought
G.Man

posted on 18/9/09 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Grub, if only you put as much effort into your English spelling and grammar as you put into rubbishing MNR.

The uprights in question were NOT made by MNR they WERE made by Raceleda. As such, any "unfit for purpose" issues lie with the manufacturer who as we know has gone AWOL. I am sure that speaking with MNR they would be more than willing to discuss replacement of these items with the newer improved versions if customers wish, with some sort of cost improvement.

If as you say it is common knowledge, each owner will no doubt be able to speak to MNR about the issues without you resorting to trashing a company, which, if MNR have any sense, could result in you being sued.

May I suggest you resort to trashing the manufacturer in future to stay on the right side of legal.

[Edited on 18/9/09 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

daniel mason

posted on 18/9/09 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
mine is also up for sale on pistonheads! Rescued attachment mnrbl.jpg
Rescued attachment mnrbl.jpg

grub

posted on 18/9/09 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
ah rubbishing
richardh

posted on 19/9/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
too right gman. i had great service from mnr both emplyees and the guys who spend lots of time there

Time for a change!

clutch_kick

posted on 20/9/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I cannot sit and not comment on this. I think MNR is a reputable company, run by very professional individuals.

I have been bugging them for the past few years, always coming up with some new proposal from my side. Chris has always been open to my ideas and extremely patient with me! Especially considering the fact that I haven't ordered my kit!!

Stop, smearing the name of this company. You have no right to do so, from what I can understand on this thread.

T66

posted on 21/9/09 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Like everything in life, some folk like a particular product and others hate it...

Thanks to the internet the world is a smaller place allowing people like us to read and research before commiting to anything.

I have just trashed a hotel on tripadvisor, with very good reviews , and have also upset a lot of folk who have gone there for years.

However I think there is a way to deliver critiscism, and not merely rubbish whatever it is....

My thread has been hijacked thanks

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 23/9/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
I have felt a bit cheesed off about the whole project since I discovered my £9000 is a bit tight.

Don't forget that the RT Super is the top of the range, dogs danglers, T45 aircraft grade tubing, rosejointed racer. Most chose the RT Inboard or RT+

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

iain b

posted on 23/9/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
i would start a new post.then you may get the know from the people you want to know it from
nick205

posted on 30/9/09 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Is Grub connected with MK in some way?

If so then the nature of his posts and their pi55 poor grammar and spelling are only hurting one company IMHO....MK themselves!

If I were them I'd reign this chap in before he does any further damage. People would do well to remember they're on an open/public forum, not in the pub!

For MNR's part, good to see a polite and what looks to be factual response.

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 30/9/09 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Kit: Super spec is above what a regular Joe will need. Go to RT+ and save for some other shinning bits!

MNR: I've bought their kit due to reported quality and customer care.
Remeber I bought from Portugal, without even seeing one in flesh. They were / are top people!

When I crashed, they promptly helped me.
When someone else in the forum burned his car, they offered to rebuild.
When another one broke the nose due to incorectly mounted suspension, they did offered a new one.
When I found that I had some wrong parts on my kit they sent new parts very quickly.

Joao

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.