Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CEC / BEC dilemma
flak monkey

posted on 6/6/10 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Come and find me at Newark, I'll take you up the road for a quick blast - then you'll be able to make the right decision

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

antonio

posted on 6/6/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
love my bec for track, cheap to run and engines are cheap and bullet proof, but when it comes to road use, i prefer my caterham (duratec).
torque is a must on road use IMHO.
cheers

Steve Hignett

posted on 6/6/10 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Come and find me at Newark, I'll take you up the road for a quick blast - then you'll be able to make the right decision

Then get a quick run up the road in Dave's (LocoR1) R1 Locost. That'll definitely seal the deal

Stuart_B

posted on 6/6/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
as said, if you find madtag car and get a ride in it.

i have been in bec and cec cars, and madtags is just quick, quicker than the bec, and has reverse

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/6/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Then get a quick run up the road in Dave's (LocoR1) R1 Locost. That'll definitely seal the deal

As I said earlier, try a blast in MadTeg's THEN make a decision.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Dangle_kt

posted on 6/6/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, be choosy which cec you go out in, there might be a FEW that can rival a bec. Or get a trip out in ANY bec.....

Popcorn, camera, action!

franky

posted on 6/6/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought that with duratec's and the like being so cheap now, along with big BMW lumps all cheaply and easily of making good usable power its only a matter of time till you need a good BEC to rival most CEC's

I think it was a top GP rider who coined the phrase 'BHP sells cars, torque wins races'.

Hellfire

posted on 6/6/10 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
There seems to be a misconception that bike engines lack torque due to figures being quoted at the crank but what you really need to consider, is that bike engines have a torque multiplier in the form of a primary reduction gear. This makes it difficult to compare CEC/BEC torque. BEC torque actually isn't as low as it would first appear

There is no doubt that some CEC's are quicker than BEC's but it's not just about going fast in a straight line. IMHO bike engines give you the best overall performance for your £ straight out of the box.

Phil

[Edited on 6-6-10 by Hellfire]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.