Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dremel accessories (alternative)
cadebytiger

posted on 23/11/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Dremel accessories (alternative)

Hey there.

I asked a little while ago about dremel tools and have subsequently got one and love it.

I was just wondering if there are good alternatives to the vastly overpriced accessories? I have a link to a great dremel e-bay retailer thanks to someone in the last tread but was wondering if there are other non-dremel accessories which are just as good... and cheaper/better

Thanks again

cadebytiger

posted on 23/11/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quite like the look of this wood cutting / shaping wheel. Anyone used it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dremel-Carbide-Cutting-Shaping-Wheel-Rotary-Tools-542_W0QQitemZ150217018973QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29528QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

eznfrank

posted on 23/11/08 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
is there a hobbycraft near you? They currently have a massive accessory set for £12.50 reduced from £25. Must have over a 100 bits in it.
gr8ging

posted on 23/11/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a cheap dremel type tool, having got hold of a couple of dremel sanding drum since, I have to say the dremel ones a far superior to the cheap ones.

Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals.... except the weasel.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine!

McLannahan

posted on 23/11/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've been using a cheap Dremel rip off this afternoon from Woolworths and it and its acessories are absolutely cack.

Will have to shell out for a Dremel I think...

bigpig

posted on 23/11/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've been through about 4 of the B&Q /Aldi Dremmel copies. I then bought a genuine Dremmel. It easily takes the amount of abuse that would render the copies useless.

The B&Q & Aldi accessories seem to be fine though. I don't buy many genuine dremmel bits unless its something like a router tool. The rest is the Aldi boxes of consumables.

nstrug

posted on 23/11/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Maplin do a huge set of accessories for about £9. Not a patch on Dremel quality, but that just means you have to change sanding drum or cutting disc more frequently.

Nick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.