Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MSI with EDIS timing and TPS not working
chasmon

posted on 22/2/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
MSI with EDIS timing and TPS not working

I've got some issues with my MSI V3.

Previously the TPS has worked fine but today I noticed when it was hooked up to the laptop the TPS value would drop really slowly when the pedal was depressed. It eventually comes all the way back down but takes c.30 seconds...

I've checked the timing and thats stuck at EDIS limp home mode too by the looks of things. I've never checked this but have struggled to get the tuning right.

Any MS gurus have any ideas on either problem? Or ways of diagnosing the issue?

Cheers

Charlie

chasmon

posted on 22/2/09 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Simple solutions are the best I will check its tight. I checked with a DMM and the voltage corresponded with what MT was reporting.
omega0684

posted on 22/2/09 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
have you had the car up and running before? need a bit more background info. but here are a couple of things i would check.

have you got the TPS wired the right way round, to check that you have go into tools-->calibrate TPS you will see two boxes one that says closed throttle the other says full throttle, your closed value should be 30 or below and your full throttle value should be 190+. if you TPS is wired back to front the values will be in the wrong box. also check the wiring has anything come loose that could give a poor signal?

if its stuck in limp home then the MS isn't getting a signal from the edis iunit, check the pip and saw connections and the VR sensor, is it wired correctly (are the wires connected the right way round) if they are back to front then it won't start

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chasmon

posted on 22/2/09 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
have you had the car up and running before? need a bit more background info. but here are a couple of things i would check.

have you got the TPS wired the right way round, to check that you have go into tools-->calibrate TPS you will see two boxes one that says closed throttle the other says full throttle, your closed value should be 30 or below and your full throttle value should be 190+. if you TPS is wired back to front the values will be in the wrong box. also check the wiring has anything come loose that could give a poor signal?

if its stuck in limp home then the MS isn't getting a signal from the edis iunit, check the pip and saw connections and the VR sensor, is it wired correctly (are the wires connected the right way round) if they are back to front then it won't start

Just going to nip and look at the TPS now, previously this had been fine. I'm currently using Speed density but I have used Alpha N and the TPS definately worked then. wiring is definately the right way round and WOT reports 190ish but closed reports an amount aroud 60 unless the throotle has just been pressed and then it reports between 190 and 60 depending on how long you leave it (it decays slowly). Fingers crossed it is a loose sensor but I'll check now...

The timing may never have been right, I'm using the CTO from the EDIS for the rev counter and the car starts every time so the crank sensor should be fine.

I will check the wiring of the PIP and SAW but I did go about wiring it up very carefully the first time... I'll check them again though...

Other thing is I'm using the Relay board so I guess I should trace the lines back to the MS to be sure.

Thanks for the quick responses I'll put the matches and petrol away again

chasmon

posted on 22/2/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
OK update,

I've taken off the TPS and it reads the right values when rotated using a T25 torx bit but it returns under its own steam very very slowly so it appears its this thats knackered.

The TB spindle rotates it when opening but relies on its internal spring to return it. On the hunt for a new TPS now...

Still need to sort the spark problems out but at least thats something off the list!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.