Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: B&Q selfservice checkouts argh !!!!!
britishtrident

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
B&Q selfservice checkouts argh !!!!!

First twice I used these they worked perfectly ---- every visit since they haven't, as a result I have now abandoned my shopping and walked out four times in frustration.
tegwin

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Haha... I do the same in Tescos... I can never get them to work... good idea... but not quite there yet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

smart51

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
They work OK for me. The only trouble I have is when I buy more things than will fit on the scales.

The only time I avoid the auto isles is when I buy offcuts from the timber cutting place because they don't have a barcode.

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
pray tell what is the problem with them?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
a good workman never blames his tools......
flak monkey

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have probs with them, but now it seems to be ok.

The main problem is if you dont put stuff on the scales after its been scanned, or if you think its been scanned and put it on the scales then they seem to get themselves in a knot!

TBH i nearly always use them in the supermarket as there is invariably no queue at them

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

will121

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
i can see why Tesco have 10% self service tills but B&Q seem to gone to only having self service and then employ someone to watch you and assist when it goes wrong, so why not just employ this person to work on the tills and work as it did!!
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
i can see why Tesco have 10% self service tills but B&Q seem to gone to only having self service and then employ someone to watch you and assist when it goes wrong, so why not just employ this person to work on the tills and work as it did!!

The Tesco next to me as does Asda has one person overseeing 4 self service tills, I think B&Q do the same. Its just a way of reducing staff numbers and saving money, as is their grippyness on offering plastic bags so you can carry the 100 odd items you bought and then they ask you to pay for that as well!

At least with the Tesco/Asda self service you can grab a whole handfull of bags and make off with them

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
markyb

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I refuse to use the tills on principle - if they want me to scan my own items they will have to pay me for the pleasure (and I aint cheap - no matter what others say )
indykid

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
i'm pretty certain the clamp down on issuing carrier bags that all the supermarkets had 12 months ago was to drive people to use the self service checkouts.

they've never taken free access to carrier bags off the self service tills.

i always used to go to a proper checkout until they started only giving you a single carrier bag with each shop. i always use the self service now, even if i have half a shallow trolley full (i don't do big big shops)

they seem far more reliable than they were when they were first introduced, but then i guess you have to make people use them to iron out the bugs. all the supermarkets by us now give you carrier bags at all tills now people have formed their new allegiances

it makes a big difference in the dinnertime rush too.

with the spanners that run the tills at our local B&Q, i'd gladly serve myself
tom

[Edited on 20/10/09 by indykid]

A1

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
i just dont like them cause theyre taking away jobs and human interaction.
i prefer to deal with a person than some stupid bitch computer voice.

stevec

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Not that familiar with supermarkets, arn't they places where people take their kids to smack them?

Steve.

Danozeman

posted on 20/10/09 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
The bnq near me has a woman on the self service tills that scan your items for you. Whats the point in that!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

trextr7monkey

posted on 20/10/09 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
We have started using Tool station for buying stuff -hand in your list or fax it down then have a brew while a ever enthusiastic dude collects it all- 7 days a week and 100% in stock!

I have no shares/interest financially in the out fit - cheap for nuts and bolts etc too!
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

twybrow

posted on 20/10/09 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you guys need new plastic bags each time you go to a supermarket? Just re-use some of the many you presumably have at home, or take something more sustainable.... The supermarkets wrap everything in so much plastic, you could roll all your shopping home and it would still be good when you get there!
JoelP

posted on 20/10/09 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
normally works fine for me in pee and poo, but last time every item i put down it complained about - i think it had been programmed the weights wrong. Total ballache when the guy who clears it is busy on another till.

They never realised id pinched 4 screws anyway

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

splitrivet

posted on 20/10/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think they employ the slowest dumbest check out operators in all DIY places and especially in B&Q Whorehouses, if they worked in Tesco's the queues would be 27 miles long.
As for placky bags they're totally banned in France have been for a couple of years now, I think we'll be next.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.