Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: peugeot 1.6 xsi rally
OX

posted on 6/11/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
peugeot 1.6 xsi rally

my cousins getting rid of his girlfriends car ,its been going green at the side of my mums shed and wants £200 for it . it runs ok and the interiors mint,body has a few bumps and scratches on it ,,soooo im thinking ,sell all the extra weight in it that wont be needed and it could make for fun track day car ....but my questions are.. is there much room for improvment for this little car ,maybe better brakes ,maybe better engine and has any body done one ?
Toprivetguns

posted on 6/11/09 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
If your interested in selling it on, let me know!

[Edited on 6/11/09 by Toprivetguns]

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

anup

posted on 6/11/09 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
ooh I'm interested too. Any pics?
D Beddows

posted on 6/11/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
lol, are you mad £200? it would be in my drive NOW never mind asking on here - one of the most popular sprint/hillclimb cars for good reason, performance bits and knowledge everywhere you look so solid ones sell for a LOT more than that!

phelpsa

posted on 6/11/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
lol, are you mad £200? it would be in my drive NOW never mind asking on here - one of the most popular sprint/hillclimb cars for good reason, performance bits and knowledge everywhere you look so solid ones sell for a LOT more than that!

Well, the 1.4 version is, the 1.6 version puts you in the class above with all the 2.0l cars.

As a trackday car any small french hatch is a hoot though

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 6/11/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
i'll get picks tomorrow when i go back up there,some ones coming for a second look at my busa so hopefully that will be gone soon and then the peug can come in from the rain
OX

posted on 8/11/09 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
pictures of the peug are in my photo archive,,forgot to reduce the size so i'll just leave them in there for you to look at .

had a better look around it today and made a list of what i think it needs so far.
front discs
battery
engine bay fuel lines
hand brake cable
front and rear brakes will need looking at
rear wiper
new door.
trim for door is in the car

still worth £200 ?

MikeR

posted on 8/11/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
its a track day car ....

it needs battery .....

start it, test it on your drive then see what it needs.

How do you know it needs front disks? They'll clean up rust in one press of the pedal unless they're warped.

Why does it need new fuel lines?

hand brake may be siezed, doubt it will be the cable.

rear wiper .... on track?

Do you want this for track or driving around town?? Seems you want to be in town the way your suggesting stuff.

andkilde

posted on 8/11/09 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Does it run well?

It looks pretty solid and rust free, I'm with MikeR, throw a battery in it, pull off the rear calipers to free off the handbrake and have at it. Maybe pick up a door at the scrappy.

Looks like it could stand some soap and water and a heat gun to peel off the stickers but it's hard to go wrong for £200.

Cheers, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 8/11/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
track day car is out of the window now that my girlfriend has seen it,she thinks it might be a nice little upgrade from her KA.

fuel lines have been bodged and as much as my gf can be a pain at times i dont really want to set her on fire lol

MikeR

posted on 8/11/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
ok.... its now a different story.

I'd ignore the body work for now as despite what she says she can still drive the car with a big dent in the door.

new battery, replace fuel lines. Then (if its got MOT) drive around the block slowly to clean up the brakes. If no MOT give it a once over to check everything works then drive to an MOT to get a complete fail list (pressing the brake lots on the way). It may just surprise you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.