http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Simon

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
No just a twat behind the wheel.

ATB

Simon

scootz

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Needs his racing license taken from him!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
you know, he was looking out the side window, making a 'gesture' i don't actually think he really meant to do it quite like that, think he wasn't concentrating on racing properly.
have to wonder why he couldn't have driven like that the whole race, he would have easily won

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mookaloid

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I think he should be banned from a track for life - it isn't stock car racing and that was pure road rage

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

iank

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Needs his racing license taken from him!

Exactly what I was going to post.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Moorron

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
looking at the slow mo incar the wheel is never aimed at the other driver but the car 'jumps' at him. Maybe the car failed at the rear just at that point?

I dont know

But even so he should have just ignored him and carried on the race without needing to show him what he thought.

But dont those cars sound nice

Johneturbo

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
ahh the old red mist, how many ££££ of damage, he should be made to pay for the repairs
Richard Quinn

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
What a cock! Maybe it's just me getting old but the drivers of these bloody expensive cars are getting younger and younger (yes, I know that they need the physical condition, quick thinking & reflexes etc) and the testosterone seems to get the better of them.
Ninehigh

posted on 5/6/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thing is what kind of speed was he doing at that time? By giving the other driver that sign (earlier incidient appears to be a "slight" error of braking and locking up wheels) all he'd have needed to do to jump 10 foot to the left is twitch with his other hand, I mean how many of us have nearly hit the curb because they were doing something else (turning the music up or something) and unconciously moved their other hand a little? Now magnify it

Liam

posted on 5/6/11 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82have to wonder why he couldn't have driven like that the whole race, he would have easily won

I was also wondering why he seemed to have such pace - until i realised he went over the grass to miss a chicane all just to catch up with the guy and give him the finger. What a tool!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 5/6/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I can tell you Westbrooke is a good driver, factory driver i believe...

[Edited on 5/6/11 by eddie99]

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Simon

posted on 5/6/11 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully an ex factory driver. You only need to watch the bit from 1.32 to 1.37 to get the whole story.

Stand by by original statement, but needs rewording with stronger language.

ATB

Simon

eddie99

posted on 5/6/11 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't say it was his fault, id say he made a racing incident and locked up. There was no need for the retaliation.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
morcus

posted on 6/6/11 at 02:17 AM Reply With Quote
I had too watch that like five times to work out what was going on. The real Crime there was his steering wheel was on the wrong side.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

coyoteboy

posted on 6/6/11 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
The retaliation could have been a mistake to be fair - he doesn't seem to be aiming at him, just getting close and things went a tad wrong. The fury and wanting to catch the guy who knocked you off (and being fast enough to do so) would suggest he should drive like that more often, though it did look like he was offroading to do it.

The red mist must surely be part of racing like that, just within reason.

mrwibble

posted on 6/6/11 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
i cant think he actually wanted to hit him, he just wasn't concentrating. (the 2nd episode) the first looked like a locked wheel, and WAS a RI to my eyes.

still he'll be feeling pretty sheepish this morning...

oh and i don't think theres much room for life threatening red mist on track, red mist yeah, but shout about it in the paddock not on the track whilst not looking where your going.

[Edited on 6/6/11 by mrwibble]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.