Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternator Wiring question
lsdweb

posted on 15/5/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Alternator Wiring question

Hi All

I'm looking at the wiring diagram for my Elise, trying to work out how to build the new loom - but I'm struggling to work out the alternator wiring. The alternator has the main feed, and two other wires, one from the warning lamp and the other from somewhere else! The wiring diagram refers to another sheet but it's not there!When looking at the wiring diagram, it appears the two wires are joined in the alternator.

Any thoughts?

Description
Description

big-vee-twin

posted on 15/5/12 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's usually a switched live via ignition key here's some examples hope it helps

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

lsdweb

posted on 15/5/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks big-vee-twin. That's what I thought initially. But the diagram appears to show them joined at/in the alternator. And there's no sign of any wiring to this on the ignition switch diagram.

I will probably post on one of the Lotus forums although I'll probably get told to ditch the K Series because it's sh*t, and fit an Audi Turbo motor..... :-)

Tiger Super Six

posted on 16/5/12 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
The switched live is just to give a feed that starts the alternator - as posted above I had the same on the alternator I fitted.

Mark

Tiger Avon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.