Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Premier loom to Sierra wiring diagram
SteveWallace

posted on 22/11/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Premier loom to Sierra wiring diagram

There has previously been a lot of discussion on this site about connecting a Premier Wiring loom to Sierra indicator and light switches, plus how to wire in a relay driven rear fog light to comply with current IVA requirements (fog can only come on when dip or main beam is on).

I have now connected mine and they all work as they should, so I thought that I would do a drawing should others need it. I am using the later version of the Sierra switches (switched earth system) and a Savage switch for the fog light. The PW loom is 3 years old so was not designed for current fog light IVA requirements. However, it did come with a spare relay connection for an alternative indicator configuration - I have used this to run the fog switch.

The colour labels are shown as either (S) for the Sierra wires and (P) for Premier Loom wires. Normal wiring conventions apply (I think) - i.e connections are shown by a dot, wires that cross on the drawing but do not connect have no dot.

I did these drawings in Powerpoint as I do not have a cad system and made some grouped objects for the switches and relays. If anyone would like a copy of the file so that they can modify for their own use, send me a U2U with your e-mail address and I'll send it over.

I hope that people find this useful.

indicator wiring
indicator wiring

headlight tail and fog wiring
headlight tail and fog wiring

P.S. forgot to mention, use this at your own risk, if you melt your loom and burn your house down, it not my fault

[Edited on 22/11/12 by SteveWallace]

[Edited on 22/11/12 by SteveWallace]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.