Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Circuit design software
Mix

posted on 27/3/05 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Circuit design software

Hi

I'm thinking about the electrical installation of my build. I intend to make my loom from scratch and whilst I have a basic grasp of things electrical I thought it would be nice to be able to comfirm circuit designs using CAD.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap/free package that will allow me to design a circuit and then test it on the computer graphically.

Thanks Mick

phelpsa

posted on 27/3/05 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, we have a pretty decent piece of software for doing that in the DT centre in school and I think it's free (open source, like open office). I'll try and find out what it is called for you.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
need4speed

posted on 27/3/05 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
you can get circitmaker 6 student for free from http://www.microcode.com/downloads/student.htm

also something called Crocodile clips but i think you have to pay for that.

Dave

I love speed :-P

posted on 27/3/05 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
you can get a free trial for 30 days i think of crocodile technolodys, but they do about 4 different onces, ie phyics chemistry electronics etc, they are all very good, and you can model most things with the elctronices verson

Phil

p.s. try google for there website

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bob C

posted on 27/3/05 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've actually got a full pukka version of EDS2, several hundred quid's worth of software with schematic, simulator and PCB stuff, if you want to make me an offer!! (I didn't like it & went for eagle instead for my home work)
The Farnell website describes the "electronics design suite" stuff as they fence it.
Cheers
Bob

silex

posted on 28/3/05 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
What you want, if you can get hold of a copy is

VeSys Design

The whole shooting match is based around vehicle harness design - although its not a freebie.

Murphy's 2 laws

1. If it can go wrong it will
2. In case of emergency - refer to rule 1.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.