Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problems with Acewell speedo
Lozec

posted on 30/8/05 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Problems with Acewell speedo

Guys, I really need your advice on this!!

I've installed an ACE-3803 from acewell and hooked it up to it's sensors etc.

The problem I've got is that the speedo just jumps around in lower speeds (below 100km/h) Above that its stable and OK.

I've also temporay installed a bicycle computer just to double check and the reading above 100km/h is correct. I use tha same magnet fo both sensors so the magnet seems to work.

Do you think that some kind of filter is needed on the DC (supply side of the instrument)?

Could it be something with the cable used for inducting sensor for RPM??

Any ideas, suggestions etc is most welcome!!

//Bernt

Lozec

posted on 30/8/05 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
...forgot to mention that I use one magnet (as specified by supplier) mounted on the propshaft (if that changes things...)
cerbera

posted on 30/8/05 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Dont know if this will help, but when i installed my speedo I only put one magnet on the prop and got erratic speedo readings. I ended up putting four on to get everything working properly.

HTH

Lozec

posted on 30/8/05 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cerbera
Dont know if this will help, but when i installed my speedo I only put one magnet on the prop and got erratic speedo readings. I ended up putting four on to get everything working properly.

HTH

Thanks for that idea. I understand that the sensor is "open" when the magnet is not present, due to that the input is sensitive to other disturbances until the next time the magnet pulls the switch. By adding magnets the "open-time" decreases and the sensitvity would hopefully decrease as well. I'll try that!!

RichieC

posted on 24/11/05 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Did you get any joy with this?

Only curious as Im thinking about an Acewell as an option but I want something reasonably easy to setup.

Rgds

Rich

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.