Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR Thottle Bodies onto Toyota 4AGE?
albertz

posted on 29/9/05 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
GSXR Thottle Bodies onto Toyota 4AGE?

Can someone please give me some straightforward advice?

What are the implications of fitting GSXR thottle bodies to my 4AGE. Ideally i would like to retain the original Toyota fuel rail and injectors. Is that possible and what implications are there to the dreaded electronics? - thats what really scares me, being a mechanical type!!

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

bigandy

posted on 29/9/05 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I was looking into this a while back now. I never did get anywhere with it though! I was hoping to do pretty much the same as you are, but perhaps use a custom fuel rail. I was going to get round the electronics by junking the stock toyota FI etc, and fit a megasquirt unit instead....

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

MonkeyHunter

posted on 29/9/05 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Im using GSXR 750 bodies on my Honda engine, I have had some new spacers turned up, and am keeping the stock Honda fuel rail. I found that the Honda injectors fit perfectly into the TB's so am using them. Not a 4AGE, but might be some help, if you want some pics let me know.

bigandy

posted on 29/9/05 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
If you have any pics of the spacers you made up, that would be good to see!

Also, what diameter are the GSXR thottle bodies? (at the engine mount side specifically?)

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

Ben Smith

posted on 29/9/05 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I fitted GSXR 600 t/b's to my 4age. I used the standard fuel rail and toyota injectors (I think the later ones are about 315cc). This was fitted to an ally manifold and ran on an omex 500 ecu. There are a couple of pics in my archive. The 600 t/b's are 42mm tapered to 38mm if I remember correctly.

Ben Smith.

stevebubs

posted on 29/9/05 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Smith
I fitted GSXR 600 t/b's to my 4age. I used the standard fuel rail and toyota injectors (I think the later ones are about 315cc). This was fitted to an ally manifold and ran on an omex 500 ecu. There are a couple of pics in my archive. The 600 t/b's are 42mm tapered to 38mm if I remember correctly.

Ben Smith.

Yep - and the 750s are 48mm tapered to 42mm

physician

posted on 29/9/05 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
and 750 and 1000 are the sames

on honda bike you have cbr f4i 38mm 600rr 40 and 929 40mm and 954rr 43mm
cbr1000rr are like the hayabusa at 45 or 46..

4age are 43 if my memory is right

MonkeyHunter

posted on 2/10/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigandy
If you have any pics of the spacers you made up, that would be good to see!

Also, what diameter are the GSXR thottle bodies? (at the engine mount side specifically?)

Cheers
Andy

Andy, sorry its taken me a whikle to post these, but my camera was on loan, and the pics i took with my phone were to rubbish to post.

Old spacer on right, new one on left:

TB spacers
TB spacers

You also need to make a new angled bracket to hold the TB's together on the other side, and make an elongated threaded bar that goes through the spacers. Old stuff at the top, new (unfinished) at the bottom.

TB bits
TB bits

The TB's are 48mm on the intake side, tapering down to 40mm on the engine side (not including the injector notch). I would post more pics, but my photo gallery is coming up with "You have an error in your SQL syntax... Blah Blah Blah" when I try and view any more pics you should be aware that diferent year GSXR 750's seem to have different TB's the ones I have are very modular, and easy to modify. I will post some pics for you if i can work out whats going on with my gallery.

blockhead_rich

posted on 3/11/05 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'm just exploring fitting the GSXr T/B's to my 4AGE engine too. I have a few Questions though (idiot's guide if you like) as I've not seen an installation first hand and I don't know anything about bikes!

1) Will they be suitable for a TVIS engine?
2) What's the best one to go for (600 v 750) or are other types better suited to this appliaction? I've had quotes of £100 for them, is this about the right money?
3) What engine management system should I go for?
4)Does anyone have details of the manifold that I would need to manufacture (or details / drg's / dim's, that I could copy)? Or where can I buy a ready made one from?
5)Can someone explain in a bit more detail what I should do with the injectors?
6) And lastly, will it be an easy job or should I just get some carb's, as time is rather short at present and I just wan't to get my car on the road!

Cheers in advance for youe help!
Rich

kaizokuace

posted on 20/11/05 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
why dont u just get a 4age 20valve it has ITB on it stock.
ChrisJLW

posted on 21/11/05 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kaizokuace
why dont u just get a 4age 20valve it has ITB on it stock.

Seriously rare in the UK and very expensive if you find one. I know Fensport sell them for about £1600.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.