Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Warning:)
Simon

posted on 18/2/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Warning:)

To those without screens, using helmets.

Don't do what I did today in the wet. Car driving towards me went through a puddle (that I hadn't seen), and I had my visor up

Refreshing

ATB

Simon

Wadders

posted on 18/2/06 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Few weeks ago i came round a corner at about 40mph in me big merc van to be confronted by a huge puddle totally covering my side of the road, a lotus elise was coming in the opposite direction, my last image as we crossed paths was of a 4' tidal wave about to engulf the elise, who's driver was having a fag with the window open.
Think he was suitably refreshed
Thought about stopping, for a split second, then decided it would be best just to press on.

Originally posted by Simon
To those without screens, using helmets.

Don't do what I did today in the wet. Car driving towards me went through a puddle (that I hadn't seen), and I had my visor up

Refreshing

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 18/2/06 by Wadders]

rsk289locost
Junior Builder

Posts 61
Registered 24/5/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Resurrecting, slowly, a 289 Cobra I built years ag

posted on 18/2/06 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Many moons ago I was on a shake down run to Oulton Park in my newly built Westfield following my father. I could see him frantically waving to me but I didn't realise why. I did two seconds later when I hit the cow sh!t at speed. Even with clamshell front wings I got coverred in the stuff. Neadless to say when I pulled up at the gate the guy gave me my entry ticket rather quickly!
Messenjah

posted on 18/2/06 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
hehe on holiday in malta we managed to have the worst storms they had had in X years and we were in a hired minibus and tere was a "big" supermarket thing that didnt have a carpark so everyone was parked up the side of the road which was full of water we ploughed down it filling many a boot full of shopping with water lol
Lightning

posted on 18/2/06 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Last Sunday I was going down a country lane when a tractor complete with muck spreader pulled out onto the road in front. All the mud was thrown up on my visor. I had to lift it to see where I was going and got a face full of mud and crap. Ha bloody ha

Steve

bimbleuk

posted on 19/2/06 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
6am on a cold December day and it was constant heavy rain. There was me on my way to the SVA test with no windscreen, side screens or even proper bike overalls!

When I got to the test center I had to wring out my clothes and my paperwork was floating in an inch of water in the passenger footwell

bob

posted on 19/2/06 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Returning from the goodwood festival of speed last year (raining - stair rods )

Huge unmissable puddle ( pond ) nice warm steam shower off the exhaust

MikeR

posted on 19/2/06 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
be careful guys,

i know a caterham owner who went through a puddle and ....... water got in the engine, he's kept a bent rod and i got his old AX crossflow block.

(he used it as an excuse to upgrade to zetec power)

locost7-online.com

posted on 19/2/06 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
horse Poo!

Horse Poo! local country road... just turning into a corner... inside wheel facing at me as i sped through a steming pile! not quite so refreshing!....be warned!

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

jos

posted on 19/2/06 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
After my I failed to attend my first sva as I couldnt get her started it was raining heavily on my second appointment. I was faced with 3" of standing water at the bottom of a hill and didnt have any brakes (which i found out later) so I was faced with a wall of water ala log flumes and had to spend half an hour at a local petrol station bailing out water and spent the whole day of the test wet through.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

locost7-online.com

posted on 19/2/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
another nasty thing that happened....i got caught middle of summer a cpl of years back, chatting to a m8 with his westie... thunderstorm caught me as i was trying to get home.. all i can say is they hurt! ended up with eye drops and a very red sore face

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

Simon

posted on 19/2/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Been out quite a bit today, even though it was peeing down, another thing to watch for is the "rooster tails" from the front wheels. Very good at getting you wet very quickly

Fortunately I had my bike w/proofs on, so I stayed dry(ish)

ATB

Simon

ADD

posted on 5/3/06 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
discovered a new sport. Slushy roads, driving through the slush in the middle of the road when there is stationary traffic on the other side of the road. Laughing hyserically while the 4 foot wave of oily slush covers the cars on the other side of the road. I did feel guilty for all of a second when I came across someone with their window down having a smoke. It makes the boring drive to woke much more entertaining.
wildchild

posted on 15/3/06 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
teach em for smoking while driving

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.