Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windscreen Surrounds/Supports
DorsetStrider

posted on 17/3/06 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Windscreen Surrounds/Supports

Hiya all ye wonderful people.

Quick question since once again I am confused by the SVA manual (they really should think about doing a manual for the manual, maybe then some of us plebs could understand it)

Are there any regulations governing the support of a windscreen? Basically what I want to know is if I used RHS to create a big square on the top of the chassis that the windscreen fits into would it be a no-no for Mr SVA dude? Assuming of course that it doesn't intrude into the area around the head (16 inches?) that mustn't have any non radiused edges.

As always any thoughts, comments suggestions or advice gratefully taken on board.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

Marcus

posted on 17/3/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
At the risk of repeating countless posts, DON'T FIT IT!!

It's not needed for SVA, only complicates matters.
Get your test passed, THEN fit the screen.
You could cover it in razor blades and no one would care (well I suppose a few would take exception )

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Baldrick

posted on 18/3/06 at 05:02 AM Reply With Quote
As someone who went through SVA with a windscreen thus had to fit demisting, wipers, washers etc. I totally agree with Marcus.
Although I didn't have any issues with those items during the SVA, if I did it again I wouldn't do that again - if you know what I mean. Just makes your life more difficult.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.