Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: r1 03 fault codes ecu
adrian

posted on 13/9/06 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
r1 03 fault codes ecu

hi, just looking back at when i had problems with wiring/starting my engine,

basically where i made mistakes with the wiring could i have fault codes that i cannot see as i dont have the r1 clocks? my engine appears to run fine, are the faults registered at the ecu automatically deleted? or should i buy some clocks to check and delete?

hope this makes sense

speed8

posted on 13/9/06 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't worry about it... If you have had the battery disconnected then they will probably be wiped anyway (I stand to be corrected).

Most of us will have fault codes of some sort due to disconnecting the EXUP or oil level sensor, etc. What matters is that you haven't done something that prevents it from starting or puts it in a limp home mode. Most serious ones on the R1 prevent it from starting so if you manage that then you should be fine.

fesycresy

posted on 14/9/06 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
I would side with speed8 on this one. We've all had to wire them the same way and with no issues.

The limp mode restricts revs, so as long as it revs out you should be OK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/9/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I wouldnt worry about it, Ive got a set of clocks I bought for diagnostic purposes (I dont use them as a dash), and despite chopping everything out of the loom etc Ive only got an error code for the EXUP valve which doesnt have any effect on the engine performance, just a telltale to inform the rider/dealer it needs fixing.

adrian

posted on 14/9/06 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, yeah it was just a loose connnection going to the sensors i was worried that the ecu would go into fault mode

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.