Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicators not quite working (but so close!!)
nib1980

posted on 29/12/06 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Indicators not quite working (but so close!!)

Hi all,

many thanks for yesterdays help, I'm sure I'm getting there, I've got the right relay now, but when i turn on the hazzard it goes nuts, and then spurts out one flash every couple of seconds.

when i try and turn the indicator on using the stalks, i get nothing.

The ford circuit is shown below, and below that is mine.

is it simply a case of making my indicator lighting circuit the same as ford. (i dont see how this would make a major differance?) or are my stalks cream crakered?

many thanks in advance

ford circuit
ford circuit

[img][/img]

Hellfire

posted on 29/12/06 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
You need to post up a full circuit diagram for us to analyse it properly. In theory there is nothing you have done wrong with the indicators. However, that's not the problem is it - the problem is when you integrate the hazard circuit. I tried doing it with a seperate hazard circuit but you need to add diodes to the indicator +'ives to stop positive feeding back into the indicator flasher unit causing your problem.

Ford have used one flasher unit, you are trying to use two - K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) There is a very obvious reason for this.. and you are discovering it.

Steve

RazMan

posted on 29/12/06 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
A small point, and probably nothing to do with your problem - you have the tell tale in series with the main indicator. It needs to go in parallel like the top circuit.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 29/12/06 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Ford have used one flasher unit, you are trying to use two - K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) There is a very obvious reason for this.. and you are discovering it.

Steve

nope I'm only using one unit now like the ford system. same problem, thanks for the info though I'm going to try with the tell tales in parralell 2moro and see how that goes.

any more ideas anyone?

mackei23b

posted on 29/12/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Here is what I used, Ignore the fuse number as this went to a kawasaki fuse box.

Cheers

Ian Rescued attachment Ford Indicator Wiring.jpg
Rescued attachment Ford Indicator Wiring.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.