Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: +4 Passanger comparment only?
Spottty

posted on 18/6/03 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
+4 Passanger comparment only?

Has anyone done this? Just make the driver and passanger spots bigger and left the rest? or would it screw up everything?

I'm going with a Rotary motor so I don't really need the space in the front but I really wanted to run Sparco seats (I think they might be safer than my home built ones). The smallest ones they make are about 19' wide (that I can afford). Any help would be great, I'm still in the planing stages but hoping to start building in the winter.

Stu16v

posted on 18/6/03 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thats exactly what I have done. The only issues with this is that the 'FU' bars have to be inset even further into the chassis at the top rail to keep the mounting points parallel to the chassis.

HTH Stu.

Dont just build it.....make it!

Peteff

posted on 18/6/03 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
We thought about this.

Decided there was no need to alter the front. Why not just extend J1, J2,D1 and D2 and when you get to the width you want take the extra length out of N1,N2,A1 and A2. Then you will have to make the relevant changes to all the width measurements behind that point. Made sense to me and it was simple enough to draw it out on my build board. You should be able to use a standard scuttle on it at the right point as well.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Spottty

posted on 18/6/03 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys!

As for using the standard scuttle part, i'm gonna make all my own parts. By the time I paid for shipping from the states and duty and all that it will be too much money! Plus if i make the plugs for it I figure I could make quite a few and sell them here. I have never seen one on the road here or in a car show so I think they might be a hit due to the uniqueness!

jbmcsorley

posted on 19/6/03 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
+4 rear, standard nosecone

If I'm reading it right... you're suggesting that the rear end and the passenger compartment go +4", but the frontend width remain the same to fit a standard nosecone?

The +442 design on my website does exactly that and the shape of FU1/2 is the same as the book (even though it is taller). Technically, it's a +4/0+4+2... an extra 4" in the rear but no extra width in the front (4/0).

So I think what you're suggesting could be described as a +4/0+0+0. I've been meaning to put something like that together for my website... it's just a matter of time.

It shouldn't be hard to do "on the fly" as long as you layout the top rails first... making sure that the front fits your nosecone, and the rear fits your added width.

Cheers,
-Jim M.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.