Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon fibre adhesive sheeting
Chippy

posted on 21/1/07 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon fibre adhesive sheeting

Hi all, thought that this may be of use to some of you. Good web site for 3M adhesive sheeting in both carbon-kevlar-fibre glass, (various colours), and not too pricey[url=http://stewartsf1.com/] Regards, Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Phil. S

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I can't find the prices on the web page here (something that really annoys me on web pages).

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 22/1/07 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ray, what size sheet did you buy and how much was it?

Phil

Chippy

posted on 22/1/07 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Phil, size 9" x 28", £12.50 + 2.88 P&P.
Enough for two rear arch chip gaurds.

Phil. S, he doesn't put in prices, as its all down to how much/little you want, but will give you a price by return from an email.
Regards, Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

jlparsons

posted on 24/1/07 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure I've seen it cheaper than that when I was planning my speedboat (kit car methadone...). Can't remember which site i was looking at as it was a while ago but check boat building suppliers. I think their mark-up is much lower as they tend to sell to people who need loads of it but they didn't mind selling small quantities or offcuts. I didn't use it in the end as it offered little benefit for the application I had in mind, but i remember if would have worked out double the price of glass, whereas car parts in carbon seem to be at least triple the price.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

Chippy

posted on 25/1/07 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
jlparsons

Think you have the wrong end of the stick! this is 3M adhesive sheeting, used just to give the appearance of the real thing. Regards, Ray

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.