Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Freeview recorders
oliwb

posted on 24/2/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Freeview recorders

Right having bought a cheap crap freeview hdd recorded (a Bush one) and finding it doesn't work I'm scouting ebay for a new one. I think I'd like one though which has a dvd recorder in built so that I can record topgear and then burn the whole series onto disc! lol....So I've been looking at the Sony hd710 something or other and it seems good but pricey. So has anyone else got any other recomendations for the same type of thing. I also wouldn't mind too much buying 2 boxes say one good DVD recorder and a freeview recorder box but must be decent and get all the channels eg. E4 abc1 etc etc as ours at the moment doesn't Cheers in advance....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bilbo

posted on 24/2/07 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
I've had the same thing. Went through a number of cheap ones. I finally bit the bullet and splashed out on a Sony. Never looked back. Very happy with it.

The model I got was a RDR-GXD310, which is just a Freeview DVD recorder, without the HD. I have no reason to doubt the ones with a HD are just as good.

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

ReMan

posted on 24/2/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Just bought a Panasonic DMR EX75 and love it, wish i'd got one sooner
pdw709

posted on 24/2/07 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Oli,

I recently bought my parents a Humax PVR-9200T freeview recorder. Its been very reliable and easy to operate. I would definitely recommend it.

Phil

mark_mcd

posted on 24/2/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
another vote for the humax then get a seperate dvd recorder.
Peteff

posted on 24/2/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Topfield or Humax get the best reviews. Have a look on AVforums or digitalspy for detailed descriptions and faults versus features. I have had the cheap Aldi Technosonic twin tuner one for over a year now and since the over the air updates it's getting better and better, you can watch and record on different channels or record and watch a recording or record two channels at once. DVD/HDD recorders seem to be only terrestrial tuners but you can record from a digi box via scart lead straight to dvd or hard drive.

[Edited on 24/2/07 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hillbillyracer

posted on 24/2/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
If you still want to stay on a budget have a look at an LG. I never rated the brand but my HDD/DVD recorder is 18 months old & has been faultless.
mark chandler

posted on 24/2/07 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I,ve got a Humax, its very good except that it only supports one channel at a time.

What this means is that I cannot record one channel whilst watching another, make sure whatever you get supports two channels concurrently.

Regards Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.