Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick hello from a new member
Bullet

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Quick hello from a new member

Just a quick hello from me. Im Adam, im 15 and growing towards kit cars, thanks to a friend. Current idea for 1st car is a locost with probably a 1.2 engine or similar, for insurance purposes. I know ive got 2 years yet but once an idea gets into your head...
chrisg

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Adam!!!

I'd build a Haynes roadster, but that's just me.

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

hillbillyracer

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hello & welcome, you're just up the road from me I'm in the hills to the N.E of Carisle.
I AM building a haynes roadster if I ever get enough of my other jobs out of the way to make a start!

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Welcome Adam!!!

I'd build a Haynes roadster, but that's just me.

cheers

Chris

what a blatant plug!

2 year, well that should be just enough time to do one

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
you could start building now and then it will be ready for when you pass your test.

insurance isnt that bad stick yourself on as a named driver under your dad as a policy holder. im 22 and got quoted £400 for a years insurance on a 2.1 litre and that was with just me!!!!

Anyways, welcome to the madhouse! everyone is really nice so feel free to ask any questions.

what you thinking of building?

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Adam, it's really good to hear from youngsters wanting to get involved, you are, after all, the future of kitcars!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
peterriley2

posted on 23/4/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
yeah id say go for it- main problm at your age is money, i started when i was 16, im now nearly 18 and ive hardly even started because of funds (also because im now making a caravan which is eating up both time and money) but the good thing is you do have a lot of free time at your age! so good luck!!

Joel

If you dont respect yourself, dont expect respect from anyone else
Live your dreams, dont dream your life
Women only want you for one thing- everything!

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 23/4/07 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to another Scot. This kit car thing started for me when my 15 year old son asked what car he should get when he is driving and i said lets build one!!!!
He is 17 in July and complaining that the car is not ready and his 14 year old brother has got a chassis and all the running gear as well.Start collecting bits if you can they don't have to cost much. Put wanted ads in papers telling people what you are doing you might be surprised. Ask local scrappy etc This is the place to ask all your questions. Good luck

[Edited on 23/4/07 by TGR-ECOSSE]

chrisg

posted on 23/4/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peterriley2
yeah id say go for it- main problm at your age is money, i started when i was 16, im now nearly 18 and ive hardly even started because of funds (also because im now making a caravan which is eating up both time and money) but the good thing is you do have a lot of free time at your age! so good luck!!

I must get my eyes tested, I read that as if you we're 18 and building a caravan!

At 18 you should be out drinking and getting girls pregnant for a laugh, not packing tartan rugs and talking about chemical toilets - that's what your retirement's for!

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

peterriley2

posted on 23/4/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^ oh dont you worry im doing all that as well, i see the caravan as a sort of sideline hobby
but- you just wait until you see the caravan, its gonna be seriously cool and should be almost finished this week- gloss black, alloys etc- ill make a huge post on it once its done- it should go really well with any kit car/hot rod/classic car.
also you did read wrong, im 17 not 18!

Joel

If you dont respect yourself, dont expect respect from anyone else
Live your dreams, dont dream your life
Women only want you for one thing- everything!

chrisg

posted on 23/4/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds nice.

Don't pull it with a Seven.

It's just wrong.

Cheers

Chris

Bullet

posted on 24/4/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
what you thinking of building?

I saw a GTS Panther on their website and really liked the look of that. Definately want something with a Caterham style body.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.