Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Teleflex/Dolphin Speedo Senders
slim Jim

posted on 10/6/07 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Teleflex/Dolphin Speedo Senders

Thought I would post this for info for others who have purchased or are considering purchasing Teleflex or Dolphin gauges (or some other alternative from the USA).

I bought a set of Teleflex gauges which look excellent but I have been having problems with the speedo sensor. The one supplied (see below) seemed no use as it would not really fit in the type 9 'box.

I have tried a few things with reed switches and followed some suggestions from on here to get the speedo working but to no avail.

Today I thought I would look at the sender which came with the gauges.....well when I say look I more mean dismantle. So I removed the metal section (labelled A) and also took out the, then exposed, round magnet/bar (on which the magnet is fitted).

I then found that the sensor will still pick up a magnet on the outside of the sensor (in line with B on the pic).

As a result I now have 4 magnets on my diff flange and positioned the sensor near this so the magnets pass the side of the sender around B on the pic and hey presto....a working speedo

[img][/img]

DaveFJ

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Bu**er

Igot one of those with my Teleflex guages but....

Just forked out a small fortune for a magnetic sensor kit.....

Which guages did you get?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

PeterW

posted on 11/6/07 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slim Jim
Thought I would post this for info for others who have purchased or are considering purchasing Teleflex or Dolphin gauges (or some other alternative from the USA).

I bought a set of Teleflex gauges which look excellent but I have been having problems with the speedo sensor. The one supplied (see below) seemed no use as it would not really fit in the type 9 'box.

I have tried a few things with reed switches and followed some suggestions from on here to get the speedo working but to no avail.

Today I thought I would look at the sender which came with the gauges.....well when I say look I more mean dismantle. So I removed the metal section (labelled A) and also took out the, then exposed, round magnet/bar (on which the magnet is fitted).

I then found that the sensor will still pick up a magnet on the outside of the sensor (in line with B on the pic).

As a result I now have 4 magnets on my diff flange and positioned the sensor near this so the magnets pass the side of the sender around B on the pic and hey presto....a working speedo

Jim

Any chance of a photo of the install...?

Cheers

Pete

Aboardman

posted on 11/6/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
i would be interested to know about the dials as i was looking at them for a mini project, and with the exchange rate been good did seem like a good buy.
slim Jim

posted on 12/6/07 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I went for the Amega Chrome set with black faces. The gauges seem pretty good quality and look fantastic, just takes a bit of messing about to get the senders sorted.

I will get a pic of the sender set up when I have a spare minute, am keeping busy as have SVA looming

DashCloseUp
DashCloseUp

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.