Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tradesmig Welding Machine
Minicooper

posted on 6/7/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Tradesmig Welding Machine

Hello,
Has anyone got a Murex Tradesmig I could try in anywhere in Hampshire, I have bought one and I'm not happy with the way it welds, when I try to speak to the suppliers (several times) they just think I'm stupid and cannot be anything wrong with the machine. Spoken directly to Murex and the guy was a dickhead can't be anything wrong with our machines, getting nowhere

I'm a time served welder who has been welding for 30 plus years, it's intermitant and I'm having great differculty proving my case, I've tried new liners, new tips, 5 different rolls of mig, new gas, more substantial earth clamp, I have always found mig welding easy once the settings are correct and the metal is clean and have welded with loads of very expensive industrial machines and plenty of cheap budget migs as well and never had a problem, it appears as though the current is not stable, weld once and it's excellent, weld again a few minutes later and the thing blows holes through it or the weld sits on top of the metal with no penetration, as well as being almost impossible to use with 0.6 as it constantly sticks and buckles no matter what I do with the tensioner, loads of new tips, different tips from a different manufacturers doesn't matter still does it, at times it's almost impossible to even string a few tacks together and is winding me up like mad!

Cheers
David

PeterW

posted on 6/7/07 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Take the unit into the supplier and ask them to demonstrate that it works fine, or alternatively find a good engineering shop and ask them if one of their welders can try it, and if they can't work it either then its duff.

Sale of Goods etc may come in useful here assuming its new etc.

Cheers

Pete

iank

posted on 6/7/07 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
If it's less than 6 months old they have to prove it works properly if you say it's not fit for purpose.

Easiest way will be to put in a reel of 0.6 and take it to the shop and suggest they weld with it. If they won't get your money back, and call trading standards if they refuse.

Do they know you have 30 years professional welding experience? Seems a strange attitude to have with a professional.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

rusty nuts

posted on 6/7/07 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Had similar problems with a Murex mig welder a few years ago . No help from the supplier , I brought it because I thought Murex was a good welder to replace my old S.I.P Ideal 120 . How wrong can you be ? The SIP was much better ! ended up using a second hand Butters machine . I for one would not touch another Murex machine .! No help to you I know but may save others grief.
Peteff

posted on 6/7/07 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Murex use other manufacturers and rebadge. I have a Stel welder that Murex sell in a different colour for 3 times as much.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Minicooper

posted on 7/7/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys,
Yes it was new when I bought it, I complained about it as soon as I first used it, piece of cr _p. MigTig and Arc is who I bought it off, useless that's all I will say.
Very disappointed Murex is supposed to be the dogs danglies of welders, it the worst I ever used, no where near as good as the cheapest secondhand hobbymigs I tried in the past

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.