Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injection Plastic Moulding Needed
Guinness

posted on 13/7/07 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Injection Plastic Moulding Needed

Hi knowledge base.

I need a company to make me 124 ish small plastic thingys. About 1" wide 1" deep and 2" long. No idea what sort of plastic it is, and the shape is very complex. Does anyone know a company who could make a mould from the original, and then produce the new parts by next Friday?

Thanks

Mike

PeterW

posted on 13/7/07 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Hi knowledge base.

I need a company to make me 124 ish small plastic thingys. About 1" wide 1" deep and 2" long. No idea what sort of plastic it is, and the shape is very complex. Does anyone know a company who could make a mould from the original, and then produce the new parts by next Friday?

Thanks

Mike

Mike

A mould would take at least 2 weeks to produce, and including setup etc of the moulder, you would be looking at several thousand units.

Someone may be able to produce it under a rapid prototyping solution, but they normally work from CAD designs not original items.

Protomould could possibly do it, but the cost would be prohibitive I would think

Protomold

Cheers

Peter

Guinness

posted on 13/7/07 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mark

Got a few hits from Google, but found these guys and they are within 5 miles of me!

http://www.omega-plastics.co.uk/home

Mike

Guinness

posted on 13/7/07 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
The company that made the original closed over 10 years ago. And I'm never going to tell them I'm making pattern parts!

Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.