Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternator Sorted!
coozer

posted on 8/2/08 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Alternator Sorted!

At last! i have a solution to my alternator whoes...

In my last request and hair tearing out session I thought the Brise alternator I got wasn't going to fit. Well, fit it does, even better than I thought.. under hang it he shouts!

Thanks to all the guys who gave suggestions and support.

It now pivots at the bottom and swings out at the top. My previous bracket was pivoting at the top and the other side was clouting a chassis rail. Now the pivot sits between the engine and chassis rail and swings out at the top under the water pump outlet. Plenty of adjustment. It's huge, weighs a ton, BUT... it fits! Thank God!

Now then, handbrake cable, 3 so far and counting..... Rescued attachment Alt Bracket.JPG
Rescued attachment Alt Bracket.JPG

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/2/08 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
looks fine...on your wheely bin

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 8/2/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, its suprising how little adjustment all that movement gives, here's my effort, an 1100 belt is perfect but a 1090 wouldnt go on and a 1110 wouldn't tension. Good job the local factor let me take 3 and only pay for 1 trusting I'll take 2 back.
Rgds.
Pete. Rescued attachment DSCN0832.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN0832.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 8/2/08 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good

Just make sure it's well locked in place.
Years back I did an alternator replacement on my brothers old Xflow Fury. Stupidly, on the adjuster arm, I used the flanged K nut that came with the kit rather than swapping it for a nylock. 250 miles later (halfway between Belfast and the Giant's Causeway) the belt adjuster bolt fell out.... Luckily some friendly Belfast bloke stopped, found out what I needed and did a 5 miles round trip to get some bits to fix my car with!!!

Danozeman

posted on 8/2/08 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good mate. Thats very similar to my set up..

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.