Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: airfilters on Bike throttle bodies HOW?
corpi

posted on 7/8/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
airfilters on Bike throttle bodies HOW?

I'm stuck....

I have replaced my twin Webers with Suzuki GXRS 750 throttle bodies. engine is running with MS II. :-)

i'm stumped though, on how to attach airfilters to the TB's. There is only a smooth circular tube to attach anything to. The Webers have lugs, to attach the filter backplate.

Ideally i want to reuse the airfilters that where on the Webers. Because: i have them :-) because they fit in the bonnet opening, and lastly because then i can then also secure the velocity stacks. ( i made sure that the inlet length is the same as with the Webers.)

any ideas, thoughts advise.... greatly appreaciated!

thanks! Pieter

big_wasa

posted on 7/8/08 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
This is how bog br's did mine.

Just glued them on with a bead of pu

BenB

posted on 7/8/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm going down a different route with my trumpets by DIYing...

I've got some wood lathe chisels and a bench drill and a big chunk of cherry wood- it may all end in tears

I've also got some GRP tissue and epoxy resin waiting to be fabricated into dinky little trumpets off the cherry wood mould (or is it a buck? still reading my GRP book!!!)....

theconrodkid

posted on 7/8/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
mine are similar to big wassa,you are using the same bod,s as mine,i made a strap to go round the through bolt(holds the bods together) and bolted the strap to back plate

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Jenko

posted on 8/8/08 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I used the rubber trumpets from the GSXR air box....The two inner ones are longer, so I ended up buying an extra air box from ebay (about 20 quid) this meant I had four long trumpets, and four perfectly sized rubbers to attach the throttle bodies to the inlet manifold.

I ended up chopping the 'holes' from the air box which of course fit perfectly over the trumpets, then sticking them with Sikaflex to the back of the back plate for the filter.....

This shows the trumpets:
Click

You can just about see the plastic I removed from the air box on the bottom of this one:
Click 2

corpi

posted on 11/8/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. (sorry for the delay, but work has come in the way of pleasure, once again :-( )

I'va been phoning bike breakers (not many here in Holland) for airboxes, none had anything likely to fit.

So i've decided to fabricate adapters myself. i will make up some, short, ally tubes (thick walled) that will slide over the bodies, using an O-ring to seal them. I will clamp them with a hose clamp. I will make 4 cuts so it WILL clamp. I will make a back plate for each TB. to which I can attach, the backplates of the aircleaners, i have left over from the Webers.
the thick new back plates will allow me to use the original clamping bolts, to fix the ram pipes.

Make sense?

I will make some pictures as i go along.
Make Sense?

chasmon

posted on 18/8/08 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I used the velocity stacks from the bike (GSXR) these fit into a backplate like a grommet... Works very neatly and not much movement.

[Edited on 18/8/08 by chasmon]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.