Board logo

Part built kit IVA issues?
PaulM - 24/10/15 at 07:01 PM

I bought a part built kit a few weeks back and it is 90% done,and I'm now starting to think about IVA.

As I don't have ANY of the build receipts other than some bodywork and a few bits and bobs, and can't vouch for any of the build with photos etc, am I likely to have a load of issues come IVA test? I was wondering if it'd be worth just taking a load of pictures whilst it is in various stages of being stripped/rebuilt/finished, but these wouldn't be like showing photos of a fresh build.

mackei23b - 24/10/15 at 07:31 PM

You can apply for an IVA if you rebuild the car and take some pictures as evidence, also get a receipt for the purchase of the car.....may be useful for the receipt to detail a list of of components rather than a complete car, as technically that is what you have bought....

I bought a Caterham race car (With receipt from the seller) that was unregistered. I then completely rebuilt the car (with Pictures).

Got the IVA with no issues and it passed first time.

Cheers
Ian

[Edited on 25/10/15 by mackei23b]

joneh - 24/10/15 at 07:37 PM

If your PC has word on it a receipt will be no issue

coozer - 24/10/15 at 10:07 PM

No problem if you follow what's needed.. You have the car and as camera and a PC no issues.

Irony - 24/10/15 at 10:32 PM

I'll let you know. I bought a part built car with few receipts. I posted the forms off for registration today.

You'll need documentation for the iva. Engine age proof if needed. Or certificates stating the quality of fuel hose etc. Iva man didn't really look at my build photos. Seemed to just check I had them.

russbost - 25/10/15 at 06:50 PM

Depends entirely on where you go for IVA, some stations are much fussier than others