Board logo

Steering lock for the sva ?
pick - 21/5/07 at 11:49 AM

I have done a search but can't find anything, just considering how to go the ignition key situation, as i would prefer to use the entire loom from a 2005 r1 and so using the chip key and immobiliser, but in doing this I would not have a steering lock, is a steering lock nessary for the sva or is there a way of getting by without one?
Thanks

flak monkey - 21/5/07 at 11:50 AM

All you need is 2 forms of anti theft. An immobilser and key is enough.

There is no requirement for a steering lock, though if you do not have an immobiliser fitted, it does make the 2nd anti-theft device (i.e. key + steering lock are classed as 2 seperate things)

David

pick - 21/5/07 at 11:55 AM

thats great, cheers for that, I would like to get my engine ordered this week so just needed to know the above before ordering

DarrenW - 21/5/07 at 12:55 PM

I dont have steering lock. Key on dash is 1st device, immobiliser is second.

grusks2 - 21/5/07 at 04:43 PM

Is the ignition key and a hidden ( well hidden) cutout switch good enough ??

flak monkey - 21/5/07 at 04:50 PM

If it has a removeable key then yes. Also must not be able to be activated from the drivers seat when driving. So it needs to be out of arms reach basically.

grusks2 - 21/5/07 at 06:02 PM

Its a hidden toggle switch under the dash out the way, did want to fit an immobiliser as all my dash & wiring is finished and the car is mainly for track days not really for the road (even though im SVAing it)