Board logo

OT: ford IB5 gearbox - speed sensor
mcerd1 - 31/5/11 at 10:20 AM

Now I've got the gearbox out of the tin-top I thought it would be a good time to sort the speed sensor thats been acting up....

after 30min I managed to get the wee metal pin out, but the sensor won't come out - its moving a round a little and I can twist it a few deg. either way quite easily, but it won't pull out for anything
I was lead to believe that it should just be pushed in with an o-ring to seal it...

is there any special way of getting these out ?

[Edited on 31/5/2011 by mcerd1]

Hector.Brocklebank - 31/5/11 at 10:29 AM

Big Hammer !!!!!

Or can you get a pair of vice grips on it and use the grips as a leverage point between it and the box to try and ease the unit outta the hole.

mcerd1 - 31/5/11 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
Or can you get a pair of vice grips on it and use the grips as a leverage point between it and the box to try and ease the unit outta the hole.

tried that one last night

Hector.Brocklebank - 31/5/11 at 01:31 PM

Revert to my first suggestion then....

sorry no help i know, laugh or you will cry

mcerd1 - 31/5/11 at 03:07 PM

its coming to that....

I was just hoping there was some trick I was missing - wishful thinking I guess

RichN - 31/5/11 at 05:35 PM

I believe the you have to unscrew it. I did on a Fiesta when I needed a spare for my RIOT. I don't remember removing any pin.

mcerd1 - 31/5/11 at 08:56 PM

its definatly just a push-in, with a small steel pin/clip pushed into the side to hold it

and its out in the end it took 2 of us with grips, screwdrivers and brut force - it was just full of muck
can't imagine how I''d have got it out with the box sill in the car though