Board logo

Anyone used Northampton Motorsport for their rolling road
mazie - 17/4/13 at 08:58 PM

I've had a chat with the guy at Northampton Motorsport with getting the fury sorted with a way overdue rolling road session, he seems confident with bike carbs and megajolt ( on my laptop though) but has anyone ever used him and have any comments before I book my time in?
Northampton is quite conveniently located to be in Cov unless there are any other recommendations for me to consider.

dave r - 17/4/13 at 09:03 PM

yes have used them twice
thumbs up all round

the reason he like to use the customers laptop with megajolt, is there are so many versions, and it saves you time (and money)

mazie - 17/4/13 at 09:10 PM

Good to hear your thumbs up. I did think it made sense to use mine as its all setup with the current default map on, £90 an hour is reasonable too I guess but I've only been to one other rolling road in Essex ( track and road) and they only charged me £60 for 3 hours of work on a x-flow. Is it worth me taking some spare jets along?

perksy - 17/4/13 at 09:10 PM

Yes I have been there several times, either with my cars or with other folks cars and I rate Troy and the lads highly

mazie - 17/4/13 at 09:23 PM

2 positive replies this quick means ill booking some time then. Thanks guys.

omega0684 - 17/4/13 at 09:54 PM

i believe the guys name is Troy, top bloke! he'll set your motor straight alright!

ashg - 17/4/13 at 09:56 PM

troy is the man.

deeceee09 - 17/4/13 at 10:01 PM

Not the cheapest but very good and helpful when things don't go quite according to plan.

stripe - 17/4/13 at 10:07 PM

I had my striker tuned and set up there, top guys.
As previously said by deecee09 they were extremely helpful and quick when things weren't going according to plan.... Couldn't recommend then enough..

[Edited on 17/4/13 by stripe]

fesycresy - 18/4/13 at 09:03 AM

A mate had a westfield set up there, made the car everything it should be.