Board logo

zetec exhaust manifold, locost which one, focus etc
andy188 - 2/9/10 at 04:24 PM

Hi, looking at winter upgrade program for my zetec 2.0 l 1995 silver top, can anyone suggest exhaust manifold to suit, ie mondeo, focus etc, im using 1800 cvh with adaptor plate at mo, i can weld, fabricate etc, can do mods. thanks.
andy

austin man - 2/9/10 at 05:09 PM

I used the black top one its stainless steel. I then had a down pipe made for it which I welded to it looks good enough is lighter than the cast item and should be free flowing. All in it cost me £25.00

Barronge - 2/9/10 at 05:31 PM

Is that the standard exhaust manifold?

austin man - 2/9/10 at 05:47 PM

not sure it comes off the black top they are selling them on ebay for £25 brand new

cliftyhanger - 2/9/10 at 05:52 PM

I intend doing the same, using the std focus item (and I still reckon it is better than many make out, after all Ford probably spent a while plus money designing it) although it is aimed more at economy??? Still a good safe bet though, compact and cheap.
Better will be the ST170 one, no doubt designed to give few extra horses and you may be able to cut and reshape to suit. However do keep the pipe lengths the smae as the original.
After that is is putting your faith in other designs. Some good, some probably awful. Few will give any figures, but I suspect you get what you pay for! ie I know somebody who had a manifold made, gave 15bhp over the std focus manifold, cost him way more than you can buy a brand new zetec engine for.........

andy188 - 2/9/10 at 07:38 PM

thanks for the advise looks like focus one, them diy pipe down to my silencer. looked at the st one, down pipes look a bit long for our kitcars with side exits.
thanks
andy

austin man - 2/9/10 at 08:22 PM

if I get a minute I will try and photograph mine and upload I am a bit busy over the next 3 days so probably wont be able to do it untill Sunday if any help

Barronge - 3/9/10 at 09:12 AM

So which manifolds will fit a Silvertop Zetec???

andy188 - 3/9/10 at 08:37 PM

thanks for the offer of photo, wil be great help,
andy