Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Got a speeding ticket
AndyW

posted on 23/4/13 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I did a speed awareness course a few years ago. The people who hosted it were great, a lady officer and a guy who seems to just run courses. They said to participate. I joined in and really enjoyed it! And most of all I changed the way I drive. I drive alot slower now and am constantly aware of speed limits etc.

I personally found it helpful. If you go with a positive attitude then it won't seem as bad, there was one guy on it who did nothing but moan and I think he got picked on more because of that, nothing was his fault, always had an excuse.

So all in, not a bad experience except the £60 it cost me!!

adithorp

posted on 23/4/13 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yes. Either very informative or a waste of time depending who you speak to. Some of the stuff will be obvious, some crap and some stuff youdidn't know. Be patient with the first, bite your tonge with the second, learn from the third.

My experiance was pretty much the same as Andy's and it did change the way I drove... mostly.

[Edited on 23/4/13 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

EX01

posted on 23/4/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Stealth tax nothing more.

Really glad most of the Fylde area is going to 20mph..... Genius!

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

procomp

posted on 23/4/13 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
On my speed awareness course on Friday. For doing 40 in a 40 zone. Yep they took the 40 signs that had been there for as long as I've been driving down so it was a so called 30. But took them a further 2 weeks to actually put the 30 sighn up on the camera post.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.