Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pants- :(
BenB

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Pants- :(

Last night at about midnight we heard a noise outside our house. Listening in, it became apparant that 2 well lubricated geezers were having a barny. Listening to the few words that weren't four letters in length it appears it was something to do with child support money.... The police quickly turned up so went back to bed. Didn't think about where my car was parked...

This morning went out to the car. Great big dent on the pavement side (drivers door) on my car wihch was parked right outside where they were recreating the latest WWE slap-down

This sucks. I've been driving since age 17 and I've had one driving accdident but am now looking at my third claim! The first was when I skidded on ice (fair enough, my fault, premiums went up). But since then (assuming I claim on the insurance) my only other two claims have been as a result of vandalism. First of some shitty little children who lived next to the hospital I was parked up in decided to throw stones at all the parked cars and dented five panels and smashed two windows on my car, now I've got a head-shaped indentation in the side of my tintop. I would take a piccy but I'm too gutted to even look at it- it's the first vaguely nice tintop I've ever had and I've only had it about 10 months

So what's the plan other than sucking it up and enjoying the premium hike on all my cars...?

If I go to the police and ask for a crime reference number they're going to be as interested as Gary Glitter on a geriatrics ward... Even if I get a number there's no way I can prove it was them that did it (so small claims court against my neighour and his equally winkered adversary isn't an option).... I can't claim from the insurance ombudsman (tried this last time but they said that they only compensate when its a RTA and the other party drive off)....

I've managed to pop out the majority of the dent but the impact creased the wafer thin french steel so although it looks better than it did it still looks really sheddy....

Any ideas??? I'm gutted. And pretty pieved. It appears that which way I look at it because my neighbour has a latex aversion I'm going to have to cough up to have my car repaired.....

MakeEverything

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Pay for it to be done without the insurance. I wouldnt claim off the insurance for any vandalism under £500, as the premium hike and excesses exceed that in a year or two anyway.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

whitestu

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
It sucks but there's not much you can do about it.

I had my car keyed a few years ago when I was a teacher and could do nothing about it even though I knew who did it.

afj

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
get the local chips away man to look at it and give you a idea of the cost before claiming they do lots more than just chips and bumps

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

contaminated

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
This happened to me a while back. I never got any compensation. I do know where one of them lives now though and he owns a pub - so I'm planning revenge!

Beyond that ring the police and have a go. Do you know your neighbour well enough to have a conversation about it. Failing that break his legs!

BenB

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, I reckon I'll be taking this one on the chin. It's impossible to know whether it was my neighbour or his nocturnal visitor who damaged my car....

It just sucks big time

chrsgrain

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Surely your popstar wages can take the hit Ben??

Chris

(Tongue firmly in cheek!)

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

BenB

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrsgrain
Surely your popstar wages can take the hit Ben??

Chris

(Tongue firmly in cheek!)

If only!!
Then I wouldn't be so upset about a dent in my diesel frogmobile
Oh well!!

BenB

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Going to take it to the panel beaters next week. And if that doesn't work I'll take my neighbour to the beaters
02GF74

posted on 8/10/09 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
yep, join the club.

Had a dent put in Tesco carpark in the rear quarter of my lovely Astra mk3 GTE, red top too!!! grr.....

Had scratch put on drivers door of my lovely 850 T volvo in Morrisons carpark. grrrrr

nowt ,much I couild do about it, other than fix them myself.

hughpinder

posted on 8/10/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on the dent, but if its not sharp edged/creased you can sometimes pop them out with heat and a compressed air can - search on google for 'remove dent using compressed air' for many videos of this being done.
You can also use dry ice for the 'cold' if you can get access to it.
Best of luck
Hugh

[Edited on 8/10/09 by hughpinder]

omega 24 v6

posted on 8/10/09 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Is your neighbour also one of your patients Ben??? If so then you really need to have my sort of imagination for the next time he visits.

[Edited on 8/10/09 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

UncleFista

posted on 8/10/09 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've just within the last hour) had someone smash my passenger window whilst parked outside my grandma's.
They did another 3 cars, at 5-ish pm on a sunny day......

That's a day that needs to be spent in the scrappers and fixing my car, arseh**es......

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Humbug

posted on 8/10/09 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
yep, join the club.

Had a dent put in Tesco carpark in the rear quarter of my lovely Astra mk3 GTE, red top too!!! grr.....

Had scratch put on drivers door of my lovely 850 T volvo in Morrisons carpark. grrrrr

nowt ,much I couild do about it, other than fix them myself.

You could try Sainsbury's or Waitrose instead

Front Row Joe

posted on 8/10/09 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Go to the Police and find out if anyone was nicked as a result. If they were you may find they will be of some help. You need to do this asap. If you leave it their interest will diminish, particularly if they have already dealt with said offender for an offence on the night. You haven't got anything to lose other than your time.
BenB

posted on 8/10/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
True!!! I'll have a look re the dry ice dent removal. Ain't got dry ice but I've shed loads of liquid nitrogen here!!!
nick205

posted on 8/10/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
tw8ts - Bad news Ben!

I took delivery of a brand new company car a few years ago and hadn't actually driven it before some pi55ed up tw8ts saw fit to run up the bonnet, jump on the roof and off onto the next car, and the next, and the next (8 cars in total)....

Crime ref. no. was required for insurance claim which resulted in a new bonnet and roof panel.

Rozzers were so disinterested it was untrue - they probably new who it was too!

morcus

posted on 8/10/09 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
As others have said, don't claim on your insurance as it'll only cost you in the long run.
blakep82

posted on 9/10/09 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
if the police came round they'd have taken names. can you have them for criminal damage? if the police had a talking to them, they'd have their names etc.

i think the 'crime ref number' thing is just an excuse when they have no lead what so ever and don't want to do anything about it. if they know the guys who were there, thats most of the job done already

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.