Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best plans for MX5 parts?
Tomas

posted on 22/3/22 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Best plans for MX5 parts?

Thinking of building a Haynes roadster and already have a set of MX5 uprights, whats the best plans to use? I have the Vodou plans but is there any other plans or cad drawing that is better suited?
Big T

posted on 22/3/22 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve been building one to the SSC plans and have no complaints so far. Few little areas of confusion but for the most part this was due to my misunderstanding more than anything. The CAD drawings certainly help.

I can send you a copy of the SSC guide over if it’s any help. However I often find with things like this the only way you find out the critical differences is when it comes to actually cutting some steel and putting it together.

Tomas

posted on 22/3/22 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yes please, send a copy to me!
Slimy38

posted on 22/3/22 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm also working off the the Saturn plans, nearing the end of the build. It's certainly been interesting, but definitely a good option to work with an MX5 donor.

http://slimyroadster.blogspot.com/

(I apologise in advance for the obscenely long build time, it's a background hobby rather than something I want to get done quickly)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.