New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le- mans
jacko

posted on 16/6/24 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Le- mans

Anyone else been watching the race.
I’ve watched a few hours and recorded the rest
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 16/6/24 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have kept my reply vague so I don't disclose any results to the people watching on catch-up
yea I watched some, the new end of safety car procedure is terrible! taking at least half an hour, and any lead in the race is reduced to nought
if they did it with the old 3 car safety car release it would be better,
in my opinion only using slow zones and perhaps 'full course yellow' would be better.
they could perhaps even have an ultra slow zone of perhaps 20km/h when passing areas with personnel/equipment on track

JoelP

posted on 16/6/24 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't even know it was on!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

nick205

posted on 17/6/24 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Watched about 10 mins on someone else's TV on Saturday evening (their son was there).

I think the Safety Car was out, because all the racers were really tightly bunched up. (having been there, even when they look bunched up they're still going UK motorway speed!)

Having been to Le Mans before (must be 15 years ago) I have to be honest - motorsport is of dwindling interest to me these days.

[Edited on 17-6-24 by nick205]

jacko

posted on 17/6/24 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
The rain didn’t help

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 18/6/24 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
The rain didn’t help

Surely the rain is just part of the racing.

If you're racing outdoors then the team(s), driver(s) and car(s) have to deal with whatever the conditions might be?

jacko

posted on 18/6/24 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
The rain didn’t help

Surely the rain is just part of the racing.

If you're racing outdoors then the team(s), driver(s) and car(s) have to deal with whatever the conditions might be? [/

The safety cars came out ar 3.45 am due to rain and stoped out all night until day break stopping any meaningful competition

That’s what I meant by ( the rain didn’t help )
Graham

nick205

posted on 18/6/24 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Fair play.

I didn't watch or even follow it to be honest.

jacko

posted on 18/6/24 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
That’s ok I thought that maybe the case haha

gingerprince

posted on 21/6/24 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Watched it in Le Mans :-) 10th visit this time. Far too busy though - not as bad as last year (100th anniversary), but there's more areas being closed down to corporate so less space for average punter. However we do a few hours at the start and a few hours at the end, with the rest of the time drinking and BBQing at our Gite in comfort so the rain wasn't a massive issue for us!

Great to see a big hypercar field, and 9 finishing on the lead lap though. But agree the safety car process is silly.

jacko

posted on 21/6/24 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you enjoyed the racing and the bbq haha. I watched it in the comfort of out living room
Graham

swanny

posted on 24/6/24 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
le mans

I went on what might have been my twentieth trip and camped with Deckman001 from here on his and his sons first trip!

Saturday night was a damp evening but i was asleep for most of the rain and the on track (in)action

Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.