Board logo

WSCC Yorkshire experience
Wadders - 10/4/07 at 10:14 PM

Harewood Hillclimb

Anyone going? did it a couple of years ago, great day out, think i managed about 8 runs up the hill before the rain set in. Entry forms can be dowloaded from the WSCC website, i think the closing date is May 14th.

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=48673

it's open to anyone not just WSCC members or westie owners.
have a look at this video to get an idea of what its all about, bloomin narrow strip of tarmac, but plenty of run offs in most places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmJLUrkFW4

Al.

[Edited on 10/4/07 by Wadders]

gingerprince - 11/4/07 at 07:58 AM

Always fancied hillclimbing - I assume this is an informal trackday type affair with no MSA license required rather than an actual hillclimb? Could be a fun taster.

And what's it cost? The form on that thread isn't downloadable.

The requested URL /iB_html/uploads/post-5-39802-The_Yorkshire_Experience_2007.pdf was not found on this server

mookaloid - 11/4/07 at 09:08 AM

If it's anything like this Harewood driving school it's a great day out and you don't need a license for it. Not like a track day - it's a bit more formal than that as you have to wait in between runs.

If the instructors are on hand to give advice then you can learn quite a bit about lines etc.

Cheers

mark

mk blade - 11/4/07 at 04:08 PM

There is a race at harewood this sunday (15th) anyone going up for a look.

Hoping to be up there with camera.

Mark are you running this year, any mods to make you go that bit quicker eg s2000 engine.

Tony.

Andy D - 11/4/07 at 04:10 PM

I'll be there, basically its a track day up a hill! dont think there's any instruction available, but there'll be plenty of "experts" about.. It's £65 (plus a fiver for non members)for six runs up the hill, and there are usually a few more to be had if there arn't too many stoppages through the day. If you fancy hillclimbing, or sprinting it's a good taster.

JoelP - 14/4/07 at 12:49 PM

i fancy popping up tomorrow for a gander at the action. Anyone wanna meet up there?

JoelP - 15/4/07 at 07:47 AM

well i'll be there around lunchtime, say hi if you see me!