Board logo

Laser cutting service?
coozer - 4/8/17 at 11:40 AM

Is there a resource here in the UK where I can send a drawing and they can knock out some parts?

What I'm after is suspension brackets in thick steel. Maybe 3/8" thick with 3/4" holes. 16 of these would do me to 4 link my front axle.

Thanks,
Steve

[Edited on 4/8/17 by coozer]

Ugg10 - 4/8/17 at 11:45 AM

I have used Lasermaster in cornwall, send them a dxf/dwg and they will send through a quote. I have had aluminium parts upto 10mm and had a steel exhaust flange made up as well. Good service.

i think they will take hand drawn plans and then digitise them for you worth a call/email.

[Edited on 4/8/17 by Ugg10]

leon51274 - 4/8/17 at 12:18 PM

I've got Yorkshire profiles on my estate in Hessay but they tend to be quite expensive so I've started using Quality Components in Pontefract who are very competitive.

starterman - 10/8/17 at 01:56 PM

I use Laserjet in Plymouth and their sister company, Waterjet for 15mm thick aluminium starter brackets.

Cheers
Mike

Angel Acevedo - 10/8/17 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Is there a resource here in the UK where I can send a drawing and they can knock out some parts?

What I'm after is suspension brackets in thick steel. Maybe 3/8" thick with 3/4" holes. 16 of these would do me to 4 link my front axle.

Thanks,
Steve

[Edited on 4/8/17 by coozer]

3/8"!?
Sorry I ask, thatīs 3/4" Total Thickness for Brackets...
What are you building that requires such thickness?
Regards
AA