Alloy sierra rear calipers
R1minimagic - 16/1/06 at 07:28 PM

Where can i get some and how much?

martthefridgeman - 16/1/06 at 07:34 PM

try rallydesign
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/default.php
about £60 +vat each

JAG - 16/1/06 at 07:35 PM

Being pedantic - the Sierra never had Alloy rear calipers. They were cast Iron.

Those from Rally Design were designed for a VW vehicle. What caliper bore size are they??

highspeeddirt - 16/1/06 at 07:39 PM

I think Hispec has finally released their Sierra rear brake set up. I see that Fisher Sportscars/The Kit Car Workshop have them listed in their Ebay shop.

Steve

R1minimagic - 16/1/06 at 07:40 PM

I know that, otherwise i could just go to Ford and get some!!! Lol!!

Are those HiSpec ones for front or rear?

[Edited on 16/1/06 by R1minimagic]

G.Man - 16/1/06 at 08:51 PM

I am fiting the rally design ones as the hispec ones bend the disk alledgedlly...

gazza285 - 16/1/06 at 10:18 PM

Why not use Citroen/Peugeot alloy rear calipers.

JoaoCaldeira - 17/1/06 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
I am fiting the rally design ones as the hispec ones bend the disk alledgedlly...

Hi.
Do you know if this VW callipers are direct replacement for the Sierra ones? (I suppose you have the Sierra now fitted...)
If not, will you make an adaptor mount?

Thanks in advance,
Joao Caldeira

cossey - 17/1/06 at 12:05 PM

quote:

they wont bend the disk that much if the hand brake is properly sorted as the force needed to stop a light locost or other kitcar from moving will be fairly low and the disks are very stiff esp if using vented disks. the only time there would be a problem is if the disk was very hot and the hand brake was put on as it might warp the disk but even normal handbrakes and hot disks are a bad idea.

uklee70 - 17/1/06 at 12:08 PM

I have a pair of the rally design calipers for sale

as I have had to change plans as they dont fit under 13" rims

I can send them back to rally design so make a sensible offer if you want them

Lee

smart51 - 17/1/06 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cossey
if the disk was very hot and the hand brake was put on as it might warp the disc

That's why I wince when I see people at traffic lights with their brake lights on rather than using the hand brake. The foot brake will warp all 4 discs whereas the handbrake only does in the rears.

G.Man - 17/1/06 at 02:52 PM

quote:
quote:

they wont bend the disk that much if the hand brake is properly sorted as the force needed to stop a light locost or other kitcar from moving will be fairly low and the disks are very stiff esp if using vented disks. the only time there would be a problem is if the disk was very hot and the hand brake was put on as it might warp the disk but even normal handbrakes and hot disks are a bad idea.

Ah well as I dont have a brake disk temp gauge I will stick with the proper compensating calipers

mk blade - 17/1/06 at 05:09 PM

wilwood are now doing a ali 4 pot with handbrake.

rally design sell them

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=45&products_id=11370

Tony. Rescued attachment IMG_5221.jpg
Rescued attachment IMG_5221.jpg

G.Man - 17/1/06 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mk blade
wilwood are now doing a ali 4 pot with handbrake.

rally design sell them

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=45&products_id=11370

Tony.

Nice

Thats the way it should be done

May not be self adjusting, but I could live with that..

andygtt - 18/1/06 at 06:48 PM

Thats what I am fitting on my car... they are £119+vat

cossey - 18/1/06 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
if the disk was very hot and the hand brake was put on as it might warp the disc

That's why I wince when I see people at traffic lights with their brake lights on rather than using the hand brake. The foot brake will warp all 4 discs whereas the handbrake only does in the rears.

unless theyve benn absolutely thrashing their cars then i wont be a problem. most modern cars have brakes design to stop the car from well over 100mph so driving around at 30-40mph wont really get them anywhere near hot enough to warp the disks esp with vented disks.

the only time it could be a problem is trackdays where some people dont think and after having cain the brakes for a few laps come into the pits and leave the handbrake on.