Board logo

SVA Pass Leighton Buzzard
simonk - 14/10/08 at 05:39 PM

Good evening all.

Went very well and now have a shiny MAC to look at !! Bit of a challenge driving off at 06:30 in the dark and the mist in a brand new build car with no screen though ......

I discovered on the way there that the calculation that I had made for pulses on the speedo was clearly wrong, though I have been through them a couple of times now and they seem fine to me. It was a simple job to stop a few times on the way comparing indicated speed to Tom Tom speed and making the adjustments.

Doug the SVA man was very good and complementary about the car again which I guess is a good start. I only had to fettle two things on the test - a leaking brake T piece that needed nipping up and the exhaust clamps needed rotating a bit to avoid contact with the conical dalek that they use to test where the bottom of the car is.

Done in a little under two hours and able to enjoy a sunny drive back beaming like a cheshire cat. Mind you - discovered that leaves and grit sting at 70 mph !!

Cheers for all your help and support in getting me this far !

Simon

Paul (Notts) - 14/10/08 at 05:42 PM

Fantastic news ...just logged on to see if you had passed

well done

Paul

edit

I kept a colour scan of my MAC as the DVLA take it from you

[Edited on 14/10/08 by Paul (Notts)]

simonk - 14/10/08 at 06:31 PM

Steve Lovelock - 14/10/08 at 06:31 PM

Excellent news, well done

richard thomas - 14/10/08 at 06:52 PM

Well done Fella - feels good don't it!

David Jenkins - 14/10/08 at 07:01 PM

That looks very neat - congratulations!

Now I'll give the usual caution here - take it easy with the right foot until you're used to the handling... keep it on the black stuff! Too many newly registered cars have ended up in trouble...

...but have fun!

jollygreengiant - 14/10/08 at 08:31 PM

Nice looking car mate. It will be a welcome addition at the shows to come.

wilkingj - 15/10/08 at 09:40 AM

Well done Simon... Now you know all about that feeling you get when you pass SVA and get to drive the car.

You just missed a BMF Bike event at Peterborough.
Go to one and get some Bike gear for driving the car, especially if you are not putting on a windscreen.

I got a full face ACU Gold stamped helmet for £35 (new)
Leather gloves for £5
Frank Thomas Aquapore Jacket for £40.

The Frank Thomas Reject tents have some excellent kit. They had 5 marquees full of the stuff!
Just examine it carefully before buying.
The lady told me most was Mail order returns they cant sell as new.
Some was clearly damaged goods.
Most had the armour pads removed, which isnt a problem, as you dont need them in a car.
Well worth a visit. I saved £150.

Finally... Take your time learning your car.
As you probably realise, they drive like no other car.
Learn its foibles, and dont let it catch you out .
We all spent a lot of money and time getting this far. ie dont trash it in the first few outings!

I look forward to meeting again soon.

Cheers

Browser - 15/10/08 at 12:57 PM

Well done mate! So, like most of those one here who have gone before you, how long will you leave it before you decide it needs something tweaking/altering/improving? One week? Two perhaps?

RK - 15/10/08 at 03:16 PM

Nice car! Congrats!

repper - 15/10/08 at 04:33 PM

nice one mate

Snuggs - 15/10/08 at 05:21 PM

Nice job

Hope to see it at the shows.

Dave J - 16/10/08 at 05:22 PM

Nice one....great feeling isn't it

Dave