Board logo

BDN Passes IVA
BobM - 3/3/12 at 07:08 AM

Took my BDN for it's IVA retest yesterday and passed

Biggest challenges were noise, steering self-centring and handbrake but we squeaked through.

Now to get it registered - should be able to get a new plate as the only used part on there is the engine, everything else is new/bespoke fabricated stuff.

I can confirm that the IVA tester at the Cardiff VOSA station is a top bloke, he's thorough of course but is very reasonable and seems to be there to help you get your car compliant rather than stop you getting it on the road.

Pezza - 3/3/12 at 07:45 AM

Grats

Coopz - 3/3/12 at 07:47 AM

Congratulations mate! should be all ready for the summer will you still be racing in RGB?

jeffw - 3/3/12 at 08:12 AM

Well done....

BobM - 3/3/12 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Coopz
Congratulations mate! should be all ready for the summer will you still be racing in RGB?

Yep, need to get it back to some sort of race trim - it looks like it's on stilts at the moment! Trackday at Anglesey a week tomorrow then first RGB weekend at Silverstone end of this month

I can't see me using it much on the road, the IVA was mainly so I can take it on the road for shake downs, other factors were to see if it could be done and it should make it worth more when I eventually sell it on.

Proby - 3/3/12 at 09:49 AM

Congratulations on getting it through.

eddie99 - 3/3/12 at 05:33 PM

Well done Bob

BobM - 16/3/12 at 01:59 PM

Here's the beastie on its first shopping trip

afj - 16/3/12 at 02:14 PM

adithorp - 16/3/12 at 02:42 PM

Nice one!

gavin174 - 16/3/12 at 02:58 PM

nice bit of parking there Bob...

HowardB - 16/3/12 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
nice bit of parking there Bob...

+1

looks magic!

Bet you don't get too much shopping in it,....