Board logo

F......... INSURANCE!!!
Stuart Walker - 8/9/04 at 10:12 AM

Phoned 13 (doomed from the start?) insurance companies this morning, heres what I got back:

2 x over 30s only
3 x over 25s only
4 x over 21s only
3 x No bike engines
1 x No Locosts

So what do I do now?! I have a partly built car and they wont let me drive it! Anyone else my age (I'm 19) managed to get sorted?

Looks like the 1.3 is staying put after all

Any ideas?

Going to run away and cry....

[Edited on 8/9/04 by Stuart Walker]

Hellfire - 8/9/04 at 10:15 AM

You already know the answer...

Don't give in though... someone will somewhere, but sounds as though it won't be cheap!

ned - 8/9/04 at 10:17 AM

if you post up who you've contacted people might be able to suggest other insurers who might be able to help?

Ned.

Stuart Walker - 8/9/04 at 10:22 AM

Ok here we go...

Backford Bloor
Adrian Flux (might be getting back to me)
Footman James
Gott and Wynne
A.W Marlow
MSM Insurance
Norton Insurance
Osbourne & Sons
Roadsure
Sureterm Direct
Graham Sykes
Greenlight
HIC

If anyones got any other names it would be much appreciated!

bob - 8/9/04 at 10:31 AM

I would have banked on adrian flux,at least they are getting getting back to you.

I'm sure there have been quotes given to 19 yr olds in the past,have you done a search on here as there's probably a lot of posts on it.

shortie - 8/9/04 at 11:11 AM

Tesco
Elephant

Stuart Walker - 8/9/04 at 01:32 PM

It's still going to be £600+ with the 1300!!

kingr - 9/9/04 at 02:08 PM

I think you've pretty much covered the whole kit car insurance industry there! Unfortunately, if you can't get a quote/good price from any of them, I think you're just going to take a deep breath and go for the cheapest. Don't despair too much - I'm 21 and paid £456 for 3000 miles fully comp in an R1 locost (that was with Sureterm).

Kingr

David Jenkins - 9/9/04 at 06:05 PM

I won't ruin your day by telling you how much I just paid for fully comp and 1500 miles...

David (wrinkly in training)

OK - it was £114, of which Adrian Flux took £20 commission, so £94.