Board logo

Who's sat in comfy seats?
Jesus-Ninja - 23/8/08 at 09:48 AM

I've decided that fixed seats are the way for my project (I did consider recliner, but they're too lardy).

Current favourite options are

• Sparco Evo (just over 6kgs each), but not many sets around 2nd hand
  • Corbeau Forza (just over 8kgs each), plenty to be had in various colours, conditions and prices on flea-bay
  • Fibre glass only (4kgs each), like these... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270267055439&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Anyone sat in these, or able to suggest alternatives for consideration?

asl - 23/8/08 at 10:17 AM

I've got the fibre glass seats and although they were comfortable enough there is a guy on ebay that makes and sells made to measure cushions. I bought some and I am very happy with them. I've tried an ebay search but can't find him. I will look for the link.

simoto - 23/8/08 at 11:16 AM

I got mine for slightly less from JK composites in southport, nr liverpool.
    Nice guys and stunning seats.
    Pre cut foams or made to measure fitted vinyl pads in variety of colours(the pads).

01704569730 Kieth or Jordan.

oliwb - 23/8/08 at 12:34 PM

I've got some GTS fibreglass ones. Really comfortable and well made also look good. I would buy them again but certainly not from GTS! Maybe rally design or a trawl through ebay would prove fruitful for a pair! Oli.

RK - 23/8/08 at 02:50 PM

Triton is a great person to deal with!

gavin174 - 23/8/08 at 03:23 PM

used the fibreglass seats in the superspec
    but added the extra pads for a bit more comfort....

Jesus-Ninja - 23/8/08 at 04:11 PM

I saw a pair of the grp ones at a show today, in a 7, but they didn't seem very stiff.

I'm going to look at a pair of these ksports on monday - 280 the pair 2nd hand but never used. 6kgs a piece.

If they fit, then they'll be going in

Mr Whippy - 23/8/08 at 05:34 PM

I got a pair of grp ones from MK and even though they have no padding and look as comfy as sitting in a cement mixer they are probably the best things I have ever sat in. I have bought other types made by cobra and Ricardo but all those gave me back pain, some were just not usable. The Mk ones are so good there is a real danger of me falling asleep and I love their strength in a crash especially from things striking you from behind where normal seats are hopeless, rather like wearing body armour.

Triton - 23/8/08 at 05:50 PM

Don't take my word for ask on here but our seats are sturdy wee numbers because of the way they are made, shell has the base laminated on while still on the mould to maintain the shape rather than just glugged on with silicon.

They have been tested hard in off road buggies who take daft 10ft high jumps with no problems with the seat flexing or breaking.

Not the cheapest but then not the dearest either...oh and we make them everyday for a living rather than in a garden shed for beer tokens....

Cheers,
    Mark

bigfoot4616 - 23/8/08 at 06:49 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by simoto
    I got mine for slightly less from JK composites in southport, nr liverpool.
    Nice guys and stunning seats.
    Pre cut foams or made to measure fitted vinyl pads in variety of colours(the pads).

01704569730 Kieth or Jordan.

how well do they fit the striker? looks very tight if i'm measuring it properly on mine