Board logo

Anti-Roll Bar
smdl - 23/4/07 at 03:28 AM

I am using a set of MNR book wishbones, and am planning to use a front ant-roll bar. Has anyone here use one on their car? If so, how have you attached the links to the lower wishbone?

Thanks,
Shaun

zetec - 23/4/07 at 03:50 AM

Like this... Rescued attachment Picture 001.jpg
Rescued attachment Picture 001.jpg

smdl - 23/4/07 at 04:49 AM

Unfortunately, the track rod obscures the part I wanted to see, but it looks like you have just used a longer bolt through the lower damper mounting?

Thanks for your help!

Shaun

zetec - 23/4/07 at 05:55 AM

That sort of thing.

Mr Whippy - 23/4/07 at 07:47 AM

thats cool, is the bar off a donor or is it custom?

clutch_kick - 23/4/07 at 12:02 PM

What are the sort of benefits of an Anti-roll bar on the seven? The suspension is already quite stiffish.

What sort of setups work best?

smdl - 24/4/07 at 01:57 AM

Thanks, again.

By the way, I really like the work that you have done on your car. As a matter of fact, your car is the one that has inspired me in my project more than any other. Definitely the nicest interior that I have seen so far!

Shaun

zetec - 24/4/07 at 06:09 AM

Thanks mate. I got the ARB from MK as a kit. They were fitting them to their Spanish race series cars.

I try and run with the front suspension softish due to the crap local roads and I hope the ARB means that it doesn't roll too much...which it don't!

smdl - 25/4/07 at 03:26 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can find an appropriate one locally, but may check with MNR or MK if I can't.

I find it interesting that your ARB is rear-mounted. All of the ones that I have seen have gone across the front behind the nose cone. I'll have to take a closer look at my chassis...

Cheers,
Shaun